• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Diet/Nutritional suppliments for training

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
efattah said:
However, even with the above products, I wouldn't take such fatburners for more than two weeks at a time, before taking a break from them.

Thanks for the advice Eric.

I did a search on yohimbe through Google. The first title that came up was Yohimbe - for Sexual Excesses... mmm

The best s3x ever

oh dear... i can see that other thread on stimulation during breath-holding coming alive again ;)

Last edited:
I tried once Yohimbe with my partner and I would never do it again. In few, non-explicit words...
irregular heart beat, rigid limbs (yes, all limbs ;) ), sudden changes in blood pressure, and lack of wetness :)... hard and dry.. not a good thing :p

BlueIcarus said:
Lucia, I searched the internet about Rego drink and seems like perfect for me... is it too expensive?
I don't know where to get it, maybe at 'muscle shops' ? Looks like very natural and endurance-friendly
I don't think Rego drink is too expensive compared with similar drinks.
I get it from a big sports shop, so maybe they would have it in 'muscle shops'.

There is more about it on www.scienceinsport.com

as a general rule, most of the muscle recovery stuff is pretty expensive, just don't buy stuff from GNC, everything is super expensive there

JonDaAzn said:
as a general rule, most of the muscle recovery stuff is pretty expensive, just don't buy stuff from GNC, everything is super expensive there

i just bought some fat burners to try and supplement my training and diet programme... they are called Xenical.. was looking through the side effects (or undesirable effects, as they describe them):

Commonly observed effects are oily spotting from the rectum, fecal urgency, flatulence with defecation
OMG maybe i shouldn't take these at work our loos are inside the office.. could be really embarassing!!!
rofl rofl

Last edited:
Xenical is a drug used to treat obesity. It won’t burn fat, it works so your body can’t use all the fat you eat as energy, some of it will go strait trough you unaffected by the body’s metabolism. Hence the fatty, sometimes running… No long-term studies has been done, just four year, so there’s no knowledge in how it will affect you in the long run even if you stop taking it. Obesity is in it self so dangerous so some side effects might be of less importance if you lose 50kg or so with it. The fact that there have been raised liver enzymes reported, it does affect your vitamin uptake of especially vitamin E (important antioxidant especially if you are training or freediving). Some allergic reactions are reported as well as breathing difficulties. Ok those are rare but if you are one in a million it doesn’t help if it’s not often seen. I wouldn’t touch it even if I were pretty heavy. As I see it there are many much better ways to treat obesity.

Anyway good luck with your training, weight loss and diving. Let us know how it goes. I’m especially interested in your training program.

BB

ciao Brutta

thanks for the advice.. i am always a little wary of fat burners... i stopped xenical these few days as i am on a detox of fruits and veggies so there is not need to take it.

will let you know the progress... its always those last few kilos which are always so hard to lose for me. 6lb is not a lot but it seems to stick me like.. @$^%$%$# to a bear's bottom!

Brutta Borsa said:
Xenical is a drug used to treat obesity. It won’t burn fat, it works so your body can’t use all the fat you eat as energy, some of it will go strait trough you unaffected by the body’s metabolism. Hence the fatty, sometimes running… No long-term studies has been done, just four year, so there’s no knowledge in how it will affect you in the long run even if you stop taking it. Obesity is in it self so dangerous so some side effects might be of less importance if you lose 50kg or so with it. The fact that there have been raised liver enzymes reported, it does affect your vitamin uptake of especially vitamin E (important antioxidant especially if you are training or freediving). Some allergic reactions are reported as well as breathing difficulties. Ok those are rare but if you are one in a million it doesn’t help if it’s not often seen. I wouldn’t touch it even if I were pretty heavy. As I see it there are many much better ways to treat obesity.

Anyway good luck with your training, weight loss and diving. Let us know how it goes. I’m especially interested in your training program.

BB

Cliff Etzel said:
I am doing some initial research on this topic.

What types of foods, suppliments, etc. are you using, if any?

Why?

I am looking for statistical/research type info as well as personal experiences.
I discovered a super beverage : Vittel Energy Plus.. do you know it ?

I feel it is the only beverage I can drink while doing sport.... I can't drink plain mineral water... fruit juice has to be digested.... coca-cola is too exciting... powerade gives me nausea

When I drink it it is almost as if I were drinking and eating at the same time... it is immediately welcome in my body...

When I go to a comp I put in my lugggage 4 bottles (75 cl) of it...

My problem is : I can buy it only in 2 specialized sports hypermarkets Decathlon and Go Sports... I might be at loss if there is not any such store in the vicinity...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT