• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Discorery cruise on Sulawesi Island with the Badjao Fishermen

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

aikoaka

Sep 8, 2018
Hi everybody,

This message is a bottle thrown into the ocean of internet ...

I introduce myself, I'm called Robin and it's been 12 years now that I live in Indonesia on the island of Sulawesi next to the city of Manado.
I got married in a small village named Tumbak with a girl from the Badjo / Badjau Lao People : The famous fishermen and ancient nomads of the sea ... I am passionate of freediving / spearfishing and suddenly I felt I found my place with those people!
So here we are, after 12 years of adaptation, I finished the construction of a traditional schooner from Sulawesi: a Phinisi Bugis. It will soon be a year that we are on the project with my brother in law, his uncle and his 3 son ... The boat is slowly moving in its creation, Indonesian way, there is always counter time ... It is for that I am counting on telling you that it will be fully operational in early 2019.
So in fact the project is to welcome travelers to navigate the various courses of the northern part of the archipelago of Indonesia to discover its natural wonders otherwise with the eyes of the Nomads of the Sea. Venturing on all the still isolated regions of the island of Sulawesi through the molluks to the Archipelago of Raja Ampat ...
Who knows, you might want to be the first to embark on January 15, 2019 to explore the Banggai Islands to meet the Badjao!

Looking forward to Sulawesi!

Robin

Attachments

• GPExportPhoto-0047.jpg
    GPExportPhoto-0047.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 208
  • IMG_20180316_151538.jpg
    IMG_20180316_151538.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 207
  • IMG_20180317_173616.jpg
    IMG_20180317_173616.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 208
Hello aikoaka,i am planning for a spearfishing trip in the next summer,will u be available? So interested in your project

For sure you are welcome !
Here is our website to get more info : aikoaka.com

Thank you,the web looks nice,but i want to ask you few questions,how's spearfishing there? Is it wild? How many fish can we catch a day and what's the best season for spearfishing in indonesia? Thank you

Sorry for the late reply !
We were busy in the village stuck for some renovations in our homestay ...
Yes it s wild overhere ! ahahah ! but life is warm and peaceful !
Also if you are still interested in a spearfishing trip around Manado, just ask, we will be ready for our next trip around North Sulawesi Peninsula in the middle of august. We are still looking for more passengers ...
Basicly we only spear for eat now and also give to the villagers.
The best saison ever is from september to november and from march to june, water is still warm, clear, calm and plenty of fish especialy for spanish macks and doggies ...
We have 2 available destinations for those saisons, one going north to the Sanghir Archipelago and the other going south to the Banggai Islands ...
Hope you can join us !
All the best

Attachments

• brochure banggai ing.jpg
    brochure banggai ing.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 183
  • brochure Sanghir ingr.jpg
    brochure Sanghir ingr.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 176
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT