• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dive bag for travel

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

William Freeman

Dec 21, 2014
Hi everyone, I've gotten to the point of needing a proper gear bag to take on holidays. I need space for 2 sets of freediving fins, two wetsuits, gloves, socks, diverse masks, snorkels and maybe some weights, plus it needs to travel well. I know some airlines throw the bags around. And the zips need to be lockable.
I've been looking at the Mares Attack Titan and Cressi Gorilla XL.
I can't seem to find many reviews on the net. Any ideas or experiences?

I've got a Mares Attack Titan bag and have been using it for freedive trips and holidays for the past five years. It's a huge bag - it can easily swallow full freedive kit (plus spare items) for two people and still have space for clothes.

The bag is well made and sturdy. Mine is only just starting to show some signs of wear after five years of heavy use - mainly on the underside where I've dragged it along over rough ground.

On the downside, the bag is extremely heavy when full - and isn't easy or comfortable to lug around using the top handles (hence me occasionally dragging it along via the end handles). If you do decide to get one, I recommend also getting a set of little strap-on luggage wheels if you can. Also, quite a few airports will ask you to take it to the oversize baggage counter when checking in for your flight.

I really abuse my bags being a regular bluewater spearfisherman. Got really sick of shelling out money for bags specific to spearfishing, tried most out there and never got a year out of them. Someone on another forum suggested a surfboard bag! Best best investment I have made spearfishing! Checked out reviews on Amazon and got a big heavy duty surf board bag that's just the shit!

Sent from my SM-G800H using Tapatalk

I've got a Mares Attack Titan bag and have been using it for freedive trips and holidays for the past five years. It's a huge bag - it can easily swallow full freedive kit (plus spare items) for two people and still have space for clothes.

The bag is well made and sturdy. Mine is only just starting to show some signs of wear after five years of heavy use - mainly on the underside where I've dragged it along over rough ground.

On the downside, the bag is extremely heavy when full - and isn't easy or comfortable to lug around using the top handles (hence me occasionally dragging it along via the end handles). If you do decide to get one, I recommend also getting a set of little strap-on luggage wheels if you can. Also, quite a few airports will ask you to take it to the oversize baggage counter when checking in for your flight.

Cheers for that. I bought the bag yesterday. Looks and feels tough and plenty of space. Good idea with the luggage wheels. I'll look into that.

Sometimes you can score a good hockey gear bag, they are usually pretty roomy and long enough to accommodate long blade fins and spearguns etc. That is what I am using right now, bought it specifically for travel.

Reactions: Dude George
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT