• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dive-inn/Scubastore.com, Is it legit?

JoshuaBland

Oct 25, 2021
I'm in the market for Freediving equipment and wanting to order a pair of fins for my dad. I don't have any diving shops near me, which has me shopping online. Through my searching I stumbled across DiveINN/Scubastore.com, The prices are much lower then I've seen around and has me thinking its to good to be true. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this store and whether or not they are reputable/legit.

Hi yes it's legit, I have bought wetsuits, fins, speargun spears etc from there over the years.

Great, Thank you!
No probs, Items might take a bit longer to get to Canada from Spain but if your in no rush and want to save some money then its the way to go. I started buying from Dive inn as like you I live in a remote area with no diving shops and also I was getting asked for high postage rates from UK mainland based dive shops so I looked elsewhere and found Diveinn to be a cheaper option, more options in dive gear and low postage costs.

Hi yes it's legit, I have bought wetsuits, fins, speargun spears etc from there over the years.

Yup. It's legit. Also, their prices are usually the lowest on the internet.

One thing to watch out for is returns. Shipping items back to them can get expensive (e.g. $30-$50). So, do your research ahead of time, especially on stuff that requires sizing (e.g. wetsuits, socks, etc).

Yup. It's legit. Also, their prices are usually the lowest on the internet.

One thing to watch out for is returns. Shipping items back to them can get expensive (e.g. $30-$50). So, do your research ahead of time, especially on stuff that requires sizing (e.g. wetsuits, socks, etc).
Awesome, Thank you very much. i'll make sure to do my research and know what im buying

Yep. legit as already stated above. I've bought lots from them over the years. I've always found the delivery to be quick and of course prices are great. One thing I will say is do a bit of research on the product you want to buy. Some of the cheaper stuff IS too good to be true. I've bought a few bits and pieces like inflator hoses and the quality on some were crap. Go with respected brands and you'll get some great deals

Reactions: JoshuaBland
Yep. legit as already stated above. I've bought lots from them over the years. I've always found the delivery to be quick and of course prices are great. One thing I will say is do a bit of research on the product you want to buy. Some of the cheaper stuff IS too good to be true. I've bought a few bits and pieces like inflator hoses and the quality on some were crap. Go with respected brands and you'll get some great deals
Great! I appreciate the responses and I will definitely do my research. Makes sense that the really cheap products might not be the best. Thanks again.

I'm in the market for Freediving equipment and wanting to order a pair of fins for my dad. I don't have any diving shops near me, which has me shopping online. Through my searching I stumbled across DiveINN/Scubastore.com, The prices are much lower then I've seen around and has me thinking its to good to be true. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this store and whether or not they are reputable/legit.
Thanks everyone for your responses! I decided to give the shop a try and everything came perfectly. Shipping time wasn’t to bad, just under three weeks. All the products were as I ordered and in good condition. I really appreciate all your feedback and help in this.

It's a good store imho. Shipping to Belgium was less than one week, shipping to Greece took almost 6 weeks, but that was to blame to Greek customs (who still don't accept EU freedom of people and goods rules).

For many products they're cheaper including shipping than similar or simpler products locally (for Greece that is).

What I like a lot, is that diveinn is the same store as trekinn, runinn, whateverinn. So my climbing gear arrives in the same package as new gun rubbers.

I have never had a bad experience buying stuff via Diveinn. Though I have never returned anything either.

they are cheap and they are quick. But if you got some problem or special inquiry, they don't listen. They seem to have a maxed time of 5 seconds to read your mail or comments and then they have another 5 seconds to pick one out of 10 predefined answers. So communication is not really possible, no matter if I write in spanish, english or german. And sizing can be a problem too: I bought some great 7mm socks size "M" which in the size chart were EU size 40,5 - 42,5. My feet are 42 straight. In fact the socks were so small that I could not have put them on without tearing them (like size 36, maybe a chinese female "M"). I claimed for a free return, which they denied, because they had sent the ordered size. I then payed for the return, ordered size XL, which on the chart is 45+ and they fit my feet perfectly.

Order a Salvimar Predathor plus 100 and extra spear shaft back in November 21 to the USA. Showed it shipped out on November 23 on spring gds. Last tracking update was on December 14. Package is in post nl sorting center. There's no real customer service. Just bot replys with no real information.

40 day later still no speargun. I was expecting maybe 3 to 4 weeks to get here. What worries me that package hasn't left the post nl center since December 14.

Diveinn shipped out the speargun in a timely matter. The delivery company spring-gds is the worst I seen. They need to stop offering that service to the USA. If I get my package or order from them again? I will use the DHL instead.

I encountered same problems as many others and I wish I had read the reviews more closely.

First off all the items listed as in stock when ordering is not true.

The order got put on hold for a week as it was unclear when items would be back in stock. I then had to delete some of the items from my order so that the remaining items could be shipped without any further delay.

The cost for these deleted items have not been refunded to me yet after a month of waiting and several messages to customer support. I will now do it through my credit card company.

Shipment was delayed a week.

One of the items had a manufacturer defect and after several messages finally got a refund accepted.

But since I now live in Spain and the shipping was to Italy they refuse to pay for the shipping in Spain.

DiveINN return center is in Spain so shipping would have been cheaper on their part.

DiveINN only accept to pay for the return shipping from the country it was originally sent to.

The customer service chat is useless. Very long waiting time and the replies cut and paste answers.

I belive that the horrible Business ethics of DiveINN is not to be encouraged.
Support your local shop instead and vote with your wallet.

End of rant :)

I feel like they do smaller orders better than huge, complicated orders. At least my experience.

I had an item, half of it didn’t show up. It got rectified but I had to pay import taxes on the full item. So it wasn’t really rectified.

Finally got my order today 61 days later. FYI don't use the spring-gds or cheaper shipping options if you want your package in a timely matter.

I encountered same problems as many others and I wish I had read the reviews more closely.

The order got put on hold for a week as it was unclear when items would be back in stock. I then had to delete some of the items from my order so that the remaining items could be shipped without any further delay.

The cost for these deleted items have not been refunded to me yet after a month of waiting and several messages to customer support. I will now do it through my credit card company.

One of the items had a manufacturer defect and after several messages finally got a refund accepted.

But since I now live in Spain and the shipping was to Italy they refuse to pay for the shipping in Spain.

DiveINN return center is in Spain so shipping would have been cheaper on their part.

DiveINN only accept to pay for the return shipping from the country it was originally sent to.

The customer service chat is useless. Very long waiting time and the replies cut and paste answers.

End of rant :).

End of rant :)
No dive shop where I live so I don't have that option. Conflicting reports on scuba store some have had bad experiences others not. I have been buying from them for many years and have had no problems what so ever.

Dive-inn and Scubastore.com are online retailers specializing in scuba diving equipment and gear. They operate under the umbrella of Tradeinn Retail Services, a reputable company based in Spain that owns several online stores focusing on various sports and outdoor activities.

While the legitimacy of Dive-inn and Scubastore.com can generally be considered reliable based on their affiliation with Tradeinn Retail Services, it's always a good idea to exercise caution when making online purchases.

Regards: Junk removal Fresno

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT