• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dive shops in Italy?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I've examined the new team competition titanium and it failed my quality test :( the inner titanium lining has some major quality problems and its neopreme is very rigid. However the master pro and the ocean mimetic are some quality productions.

I have Ocean mimetic 5mm and it is more like 4mm. The neoprene compressed after only 4 months use. It was excellent when new but I can only use it in the middle of summer now if not I get cold.

Looking at the Elios 7mm mimetic or Effesub 7/5mm Mimetic for this winter.

Supercomp still going strong so might save my money for a small RIB instead

I will use ocean mimetic 5mm at a temperature range 24C - 16C I think It will satisfy my needs ;)

I heard very good reviews about supercompetition, and people say its the best for cold water... but you are the user. I think your opinion is the benchmark in deciding a wet suit.

What do you think about ocean mimetic though? I think its a quality production and I think its camo design is very good for clear and bluish water.

Omer's camo is great. Very good suit which lets little to no water in. Quite hard wearing as well.

You should use hot soapy water before put your Mimetic on otherwise it will tear off easily. In here i see some top speros using omer mimetic and they all likes it. Actually there is no other brand to compare with it but anyway... AS memo said the winter temp here is 16 degree min. I only tried the upper part of the suit and tied it with elastic weight belt it did not let the water in but i have some problems with hood. It slips off on my chin:(

I never put the hood on my chin. I let it fall onto my neck and it keeps the water out just as well. Seems you and I have strange shaped heads HEHEHEHE

Yes i am forced to put it onto my neck too but i am proud of my head's shape at least it was so good when i shaved it:D

Pardon friends,
Shaneshac, have you post the dive shops list in Italy to the forum??,did I miss it?
If it is not possible to post it on the forum due to rules,I'll be very glad if you mail it to me,because my wife will be in Italy for a medical congress,on 16.10.2003 for three days.....
Aydýn

Aydýn he e-mailed me as a page scan send me the e-mail and I'll send it to you..

I found ocean mimetic 5mm for 235 euro in here.... But its much cheaper in Italy.

By the if you are only using the upper part, way why dont you buy a bermuda with the same camo pattern? like this?

I am using only upper part for now. I will use both top and bottom in winter

I'm gonna get the suit in a month or so... I think its comfortable, is it?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT