• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dive spots or courses in Spain?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Andrew_Ottawa

Jul 26, 2004
Hi,

I´m new to deeperblue and could only find a couple mentions to freediving in Spain (Estartit area seems to come up once in a while).

I´ve only got a couple weeks to kill, a limited budget, and no fins with me... anyone out there that can suggest a town to stay in where I can dive with a dive boat or even better other freedivers?

Alternatively... I met a guy last year who said he took a course in Spain where after a few days training, you got to attempt 30m with an instructor. I didn´t write down the name of the place and can´t seem to track it down on the net... anyone heard of this course?

Thanks,
Andrew Keleher

Hi Andrew,
I live near L'Escala and Estartit areas and there is some nice diving in the area. Estartit is a natural reserve and there is lots of marine life to be seen. Also tons of dive operations and some reasonably priced hotels, including hotel plus diving packages. They 'll rent equipment so that would be no problem for the fins.

If you head up the coast a little to L'Escala there are also some nice scuba dive spots and a little more north is Rosas and Cala Montjoi, further on a very nice village called Cadaques and generally some of the clearest water (and coldest) in the area.

If you have a car that would be great as public transport is not so good in the area. Actually there are dive operators all over the area Costa Brava. I know the area above Palamos to Cadaques, but not south of Palamos.

No courses this year, Pelizzari was in Cala Montjoi and Platga d'Aro last year giving courses though. What are your dates?

PM me if you need further info.

Adrian

Thanks for the info Adrian,

I´m currently trying to get my plan together. I fly to Amsterdam (to kill all the training I put into my lungs :) Aug 17th from Barcelona. I am going to cross over into Morocco shortly, stay about a week and then 36 hour bus it up to the Costa Brava area and get in a week or so of diving.

I tracked down a couple operators on the forums and found DIVE PARADIS and DIVING RADICAL CENTER... I´ll likely try and set something up with one of them unless anyone can recomend other good operators in the area.

Thanks,
Andrew

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT