• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dive suit for the U.K

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Nath

Jun 17, 2003
Hay guys & Gals I'm moving to the U.K. in a few months from Australia what sought of dive suit should I get??? I imagine it will be heaps colder.

Thanks Heaps
Nath

Hello Nath
Well, in a few months the water may not have gotten too much warmer than it is now around 6oC! Pritty cold, so a 7mm suit is the only way to go. in the summer 17-18oC you could wear a 3mm, but as your coming from Oz probably a 5mm would suit you best.

Though you do have to look in to the fit of the suit, typr of neopreme (sorry spelling) etc...

Personally I use a 5mm picasso suit with farmerjohns trousers (integrated vest in the tousers) Which suits me fine for most of the year as, during the summer I can flush water through the suit to cool down. Winter is a bit of a problem, though tend to last about the same as my buddy who wears a 7mm, though sometimes the cold does get to me quicker!

Then you could look into combinations?!?!? It just depends on how much money your willing to spend and when/where you intend to go diving!

Hope that this has giving you some info, though not completly solved your question!

Yeah I would agree with Bam Bam there.

I dive during the summer months only and use a 5mm Omer suit. May is about the earliest I dive and I might only last for and hour or two then, same with late october.

In between this particularly August and September it is possible to stay in all day in a 5mm. I am hoping to get a 7mm top soon to keep me warmer at the start and end of the season but dont really want to carry the extra weight.

5mm Omer Team Thermal

I used an Omer Team Thermal suit in the icy waters of New England, USA, and in the frigid fiords north of Vancouver, Canada.

It was toasty warm, as warm as any 7mm I've ever tried, and much, much more comfortable.

If anybody wants a slightly used one ( maybe 10 uses) currently located in the UK, please contact me at paul.kotik@deeperblue.net.

I live in the tropics now, you see, and don't have no truck wit no cold water no more !

PAul

Nath,
If Paul's 7mm suit will fit you, that sounds like the way to go! I use a Cressi Supercompetition wetsuit (5mm johns, 6.5mm top) for cold water diving here, keeps me in the water for over an hour at temps down to 1C. I just did a dive in the Florida keys area in water of 20C in my SuperComp suit just to see if I'd be too hot. I was fine. So this is a suit that would likely work year round for you, and they're not that pricy in the DB store.

Aaron

WETSUIT FOR UK

Nath -

TO clarify: the Omer Team Thermal suit I'm offering in the UK is 5mm, not 7mm. It is, however, as warm or warmer than any 7mm suit I've ever tried. It is more than adequate to any conditions you'll encounter in the UK (except those in which nobody will dive with you because it would be INSANE !).

The suit is, simply, the warmest wetsuit I've ever worn in over 30 years of diving. It is also supremely comfy, and the material insures a superb fit. The fit is the thing - the water exchange is so minimal it is almost a dry suit.

I am 5'10'', 175 pounds, almost no body fat. It fits me perfectly.

It cost $US 500 new in the USA. It is currently with a buddy in Brighton, England, who I can refer you to if you are interested in contacting her and negotiating a purchase. I've left all the sale and delivery details to her discretion.

Best,

Paul

Thanks Paul but I'm 6'2" & 87kg

I don’t know if it will fit comfortably at the moment I’m wearing a 3mm suite it’s a good fit but the Top is not long enough & cuts of the circulation to my groin area causing stress Ha ha :eek:

What size is your suit???

Thanks Heaps
Nath

Last edited:
TO NATH

Sorry, mate, I reckon the suit would be too small for you. It fits me perfectly. For some reason, Omer characterizes the suit as size LARGE !! It also comes in EXTRA LARGE, as I recall. Maybe people are smaller in Italy ?

Come to think of it, though, I know somebody 6 foot tall in the UK who was recently interested in selling a freediving wetsuit. May I pass your email along to this person ? If you want me to, send your email to me as a private message and I'll pass it along.

Good luck !

Paul

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT