• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DiveInn!!! (Viper loading problems)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hows Your chin looking ...?

Hooking a leg Griff ?

I'm picturing this and the way it plays out in my mind is: as soon as you sling a leg over the barrel you move the gun muzzle down rotating the weapon about its fulcrum, which is the butt on your chest. The butt then loses traction on your chest, sliding up and whops you in the chin.

Pain with any length rubbers....

Not Realy Skin

You dont rotate the gun that much, only a few degrees.
If you think of a gun handle, putting the butt flush against your chest would make the gun point slightly upwards because the back of the butt isnt a vertical line. When you hook your leg, you basically are pulling it level horizontally.
If the gun had to slip it would probably slip down because the line of force is in the rubbers, which is above the point of contact between the gun and your chest, creating a moment or torque that will want to make the gun point upwards and the handle slip down, although thats not the best option either.
Also you tend to be hunched over it. i havent ever felt like i was in any threat of getting an uppercut, or a below the belt from old rob.
try it, i dont think i'm too good at explaining it and it makes more sense when you actually do it.

cheers

mark

I've take the liberty of moving the Aliwal Discussion

Look for it under Places / Buddies Forum - you can find it here

Last edited:
service

just talked to michelle at diveinn.

they just picked up another person to help them out with all the new business. she's starting her days off with about 150 emails, so be patient.

victor,
michelle told me about your emails/problems. she's not a spearfisher and went straight to sporasub with the questions. so, it was the manufacturer that was dragging their @ss, not michelle. she apologized but hopes we understand.

later,
andrsn

Thanks DiveInn

Hi:
Got longer bands for my Eurogun from DiveInn. actually last weekend, I used the skill I learnt from this board, I loaded the gun with its original bands(only to first notch). It is very hard but doable. With new bands, I will have no problem.
So, just want thanks for DiveInn, I then just order more things from them!

Thanks!

Victor

p.s: no more free gun ...

Keep Old Bands

Victor,

My advice to you is make sure you keep your old bands (the originals). I know you probably don't believe me now but trust me, you'll get used to the loading movement and your current bands will soon seem wimpy. When I first started using Euro guns, half the time I couldn't even load my gun (with a 16mm rubber on it). Imagine how frustrating it is to paddle all the way out to a dive site, get in the water, and not be able to load your gun? Now I shoot the same gun and larger guns all with 20mm bands and load them with no problem. I've yet to see a Euro gun novice be able to load any of my guns no matter how big and strong they are. It's all technique and you'll have it down soon enough.

Scott Turgeon

Originally posted by thin_air

ps. i dont think quebec should seperate

pps. crazyfrenchmen, thats a name i hear alot, thats what people here call me :duh

Quebec will not separate, we're going to invade Canada :D

That's because they haven't meet the real crazy one, they'll find you perfectly normal after that !! :D

Originally posted by sturgeon

My advice to you is make sure you keep your old bands (the originals).

Very good advice, once you get the trick, it's incredible how easy you can pull thoose thing!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT