• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

divers in dubai

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

makaele

Jan 6, 2011
hello everyone,

i'm from the hawaii and been spearfishing for many years. i haven't dove since i moved to dubai 2.5 year ago. i just brought my dive gear and i have seen the videos and pictures of the catches in the uae. as i understand, its illegal but can be done discretely as i see the stores selling spearguns. i'd like to meet up with anyone who goes and/or has extra room on dive trips.

thanks,
mike

Hello Mike and welcome on DB

Already another New guyz are posting regarding spearfishing in UAE and they are looking for buddies from my side i can let u meet each others and arrange trips mostly we know the spots in different places in UAE... For further info i will pm u my details...

All best Buddy

Saleh,

When you are organising one,please let me know.. I would try to join.
Also if I can help, let le know also

makaele,

it is not all illegal

there are certain rules you gotta follow, and its perfectly legal

Yes Lafona will arrange something but for the time being am bit busy training for Freediving course once am free we will make Spearfishing... Take care & dive safe
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi All,

Happy new year.

Makaele
Welcome in Dubai, where in Dubai are you?

Saleh,
Any trips comming up count me in.....with all your training you will out dive us all now........
I hurt my arm and havent been diving for 7 weeks now so out of practice.
As suggested I am still doing staic on the couch and hitting an occasional 3 min.
Took up scuba as well (jack of all trades master of none).......doing a dive in Dubai aqaurium on wed evening with the sharks.......cant take a spear gun though hahaha

Arno,
How are you mate long time no hear still diving the water break at the ship yeard.
I was there to have a look over the weekend< very congested and busy.

have a good one guys

Yes will do Anton sure but I am still newbie :p I will help only in safety tips!!

All best
Posted via Mobile Device

anton, seleh, everyone else,

i'm in the marina. i'm free the rest of the week and weekend. please let me know if you guys go or just want to meet for coffee or something to chat about the diving here.

thanks

Makaele,

I am also in the Marina, maybe over the weekend we can meet if you want or tomorrow evening?

I will send you a pm with my number give me a call.

i am at the parachute competition and free after 2morow, where are the good spots around here ?

wolf

Hey buddy so far I,ve done with 2 stars AIDA and got theory for 3 stars waiting to complete my course next week as I hope...
Posted via Mobile Device

I took also took a aida 2 star course from al boom with sara

where are you taking the course?

Is that you brother kareem?!!! I am taking it with Adel Abu Hleqa 3 star will start next week sunday if you are in DUBAI i will ask him to make it after two weeks in DUBAI and you will be with us

Haha no Saleh we dont know each other

I took the 2 star with her and some other guys my age (17) mainly so i could get into spearfishing more effectively and safely...and it worked

good luck on the 24 m dive :/

Last edited:
Reactions: Salehthefish
Thnx Karem :D Thought i know bcoz i know one guy called karem from Egypt :)

Last time had trip with my Instructor Adel i did already 22 meters :D but was difficult for me specially that time we did not know about warming up before the dive...

I advice you to get the 3 stars at least it is more than important!!! i took the theory of that with another group and it was amazing!!!

Thanx again and if you wanna train sometime for freediving let me know usually Adel is arranging trips to Khorfakkan for freedives and we may meet for pool training...

All best

Reactions: island_sands
I might be coming to Dubai to work there as a surgeon. I am a mad keen spearo and when I am fit I have shot fish at 35m....
Have dived South Africa, Mozambique, Zanzibar, Florida, Bahamas, Cape Verde, Philippines, Indo (Banda islands) Aus, NZ, Cook islands, Thailand...

I am working in Europe...no spearing and it's killing me, so I'll have to seriously consider the job in Dubai, solely to the detriment of a fish or 2.
I would love to meet up with some of the spearo's and perhaps go for a dive when I visit Dubai in about a month or so.
my email is paul.de.clercq@gmail.com, I am also on FB.
Cheers, Paul.

Last edited:
Hey Paul was pleasure meeting you buddy i've enjoyed your company...Though we could not give you the best hospitality but whenever you pass by just let me know...

Dive safe and take care...

Saleh, Thanks for going to great lengths to organize a dive, I really appreciated it, your hospitality was more than fantastic and I hope one day to reciprocate.
Thanks again.
Cheers,
Paul.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT