• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Diving Gloves

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

David Biron

Feb 2, 2003
Does anyone know of diving gloves (3 or 5ml) which are durrable enough to last more than one season. I will make 15 - 20 lobster dives in a season, along with biweekly spearfishing trips, and have been going through 2pr of gloves per season. I would like to hear your advise on the most durable diving gloves made!

Hey David,

Anderson and Sven seem sold on the Deep See Kevlar. I have a pair of Picasso Kevlars. Haven't had a chance to use em yet, but they are pretty comfy and sensitive. If your going for durability the Deep See's look like the golden ticket; the kevlar extends around the tip of each finger. Whereas on most gloves (including my picassos) the kevlar is only on the palm surface. Here's the link.

http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?threadid=32176&highlight=gloves

FYI you can get Picassos at The Deeper Blue store http://shop.deeperblue.net and Deep See Kevlars at www.leisurepro.com

Last edited:
gloves

Thanks for the info dante. I'm think I'll test ride a pair of the deep sea kevlar gloves this year.

LeisurePro blows!

BTW... if you plan on getting any gear from LeisurePro, as in regulators and such, if warranties and guarantees mean a big thing to you, go elsewhere. They get they're ScubaPro stuff grey market and promise that thier trained staff is just as good and quick. Crap. My last Mk25/G250 puked six months after I bought it, saving a hundred bones and I called 'em, snail and e-mailed' em and have gotten dick. They're dirt.

sven

Re: LeisurePro blows!

Originally posted by icarus pacific
BTW... if you plan on getting any gear from LeisurePro, as in regulators and such, if warranties and guarantees mean a big thing to you, go elsewhere. sven

I'll grant you that Sven. I have a mixed opinion of LP. On one hand, they never have answered my repeated email questions :( (such as "You used to sell Tuna Ice fins; do you ever plan to stock Millenium Ices?"). But on the other, they have been flawless with all of my orders (about 10). Prices and shipping are reasonable. I would always prefer to buy from the deeperblue store since their communication with buyers is usually pretty good, but when shipping costs 15 semolies to send a 12 dollar snorkel :head, I'm willing to roll the dice with LP. In general, if I'm buying the nuts and bolts stuff (masks, gloves, snorkels, etc) I don't hesitate to go with LP. If I'm looking at a unique or mechanistic piece of equipment (yeah right :hmm), I won't cut corners with 'gray market' dealers.

I'll second Sven's Comments.

I've ordered once from LP and will be my last. Their customer service is the worst I've ever experienced in North America, and they don't know squat about what they sell. everytime I call them they treat me like an anoyance. I was going to put in a rather large order (2G's) with them, but now I'm going else where.

They have some really great prices - but their boys on the phone were right pricks.

Willer

Easy on the Queen's English, gents. :t

Anderson

DB's profylactic peruser :naughty

here's a tip, as in lubricated

Being prophylactic is a lame cover :hmm and is like being full of oneself if you get my meaning. :yack

:D

sven

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT