• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Diving in Thailand

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

annie

May 9, 2004
anyone who knows of a place near Hua Hin (near Bangkok) in Thailand which is good for diving? I'm going to Hua Hin soon, and I really don't know where to look for the best places...

annie
:t :t :t :t

Probably everywhere in Thailand (where there is water anyways). Just be careful of the kidnappers and such.

Annie,
try and get a copy of a book by Lonely Planet on Diving in Thailand it is a big book about the size of a bible and full of info Unfortunately mostly Bubbly stuff (scuba)
But I am sure you could do some spearing there if you try maybe you have to talk in person to some guides for this.
I was at Prauchupkillikan -Spelling?
There was a small hotel there that advertised diving but my agent there said it wasnt a good spot for it there is heaps of better places sorry my memory is not good but I think the south east coast is good dont go right to the bottom near Malasian Border in present political climate it is a bit risky the rest of the country is OK though I think anyway I had a good time working there food was good but dont eat chilis just put them to one side -even locals do that
they are HOT -Tears and runny nose and burning lips type hot. Good luck there
Peter

thanks a lot for all the good advice peter, and I'll try to find that book.

anyway I'm really fond of chili and had probably tried it if you hadn't warned me not to:t

Annie ,
Lonely Planet Books can be found in Airport bookstores all over the world there are travel guides and Phrasebooks and some just for diving ,I may also have been confused as later I remember reading a book on Thai diving in a dive shop here it was an SSI book, the shop here is Leisurecoast Dive they have a website look for it on a search engine -if google does not find it try webwombat.com.au this is a good ausie search eng.
also I found you some web addresses from an old copy of Freediving and Spearfishing International Magazine try these www.krabi-seaview.com/diveindex.html
www.diveasia.com
www.pidcdivers.com
Regards Peter

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT