• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Diving in Thailand

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DivingIndex

Oct 31, 2005
Hi every one I'm new here, just start posting from where I'm now. I'm in Thailand. I you guys have any question about diving or travelling in Thailand please feel free to ask

Hello guys,Eusebio and I are looking foward for the next freediving holidays.We arrenged a special trip and we offer it to you.We selected Similan (Thailand) and Sampai Jumpa (beautiful 21m sail boat)

Here is the info about the dive boat and the trip ....

WORLDWIDE DIVE AND SAIL are based in Phuket and they make longer diving
trips
with sailing incorporated as well -

Check the website at www.worldwidediveandsail.com for schedules and
info

The boat is called Sampai Jumpa (see you again in Indonesian !) and is
a
traditional Indonesian sailing yacht (its beautiful) this special freediving trip will
run
for 4 days of diving and sailing around the Similan islands,
Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richilieu rock.

This boat can cater for a maximum of 11 people per trip so the groups
will be
small and intimate. Eusebio and myself will be there to arrenge the ropes,bouys and everthing you could need.

Length of trip- 4 days/3 nights.From January 31st till February 3st

Number of possible dives on the trip - 3 sessions a day (This is up to you as you can
many times a day or relax a little and make fewer dives but sail more !)

Price per person per trip- 280 Euros (14000Baht) plus 1000Baht
Similan island park fee

Included in this price is all your meals
but dive computer rental is 150Baht extra per person per day
(unless
you have your own) and torch rental is 150Baht extra per night dive
(unless
you have your own).

If you have your own equipment the price is still the same but if you
have
your own computer then you will save a little money on computer
rental.

You could make your F.R.E.E. Advanced freediver course on boat
this would only cost 100 Euros extra.

Remember that this trip includes optional activities such as sailing,
kayaking, fishing and snorkeling and you can jump on and off the
uninhabited Similan islands to explore as you wish.

November until May is a great time to dive in the Similans with 30+
metres
visibility and you will be guaranteed mantas rays, sharks, turtles,
giant
morays, beautiful corals and hopefully we can get some whale sharks in
on the
action !!!

The diving here is superb and without a doubt the best in Thailand !

The food on all the trips is superb as we have our own chef who will be
cooking a huge selection of Thai and European dishes each day with as
much as
you can eat (and you will be hungry with all the diving .....!).
We are even making our own bread and yoghurt and having barbecues on
the boat.

This really will be a trip of a lifetime combining the most beautiful
diving in idyllic conditions.

If you like the sound of this trip let me know and I will send bank
details
for a deposit payment with the balance paid in Phuket just prior to
departure.
I will also send rendezvous details so you know where to meet before
your
trip departs.

Hear from, you soon.

Cheers.Monica and Eusebio

DivingIndex said:
Hi every one I'm new here, just start posting from where I'm now. I'm in Thailand. I you guys have any question about diving or travelling in Thailand please feel free to ask

Hi,

I want start my IDC course in August. Is thailand a good place to go in August? What is the best time in terms of visibility? Thanks.

Hi, do you know what the diving lis ike around Koh Samui & Koh Phangnan? I'm looking at hanging out in these 2 islands for a couple of weeks & wondering what kind of depth I can get? And, if you can dive off-shore or if you need to dive off a boat to get the depth? I know Koh Tao is apparently the 'diving' island but it doesn't seem as though there is much else to do but dive - which suits me let's just say that Koh Samui & Koh Phangnan is somewhat a compromise:) Any knowledge of this area? Thanks a lot...Suzy

Haven't been to Koh-Samui/Pangan so can't help ya about that, but Koh-Tao is a SCUBA diving destination so poeple are drinking all over the place and there are small parties (=pubs) going over atelast twice a week (if not everyday, didn't really looked hard for partying) and a big one (=nautre) atleast once every 2-4 weeks if I recall correct. Probably not as much as in the other islands but it is not just diveshops.
Those Islands are just a few dollars/hours apart so you could check all of them out if you got a couple of weeks.

Thanks for your reply Michael...does Koh Tao have deep water though? Could you easily find 40m of depth? Thanks...

I think Chumpon pinacle had 35m~ bottom, not sure though, I mostly scuba'ed there or did shallow shore freediving (lack of partners and other conditions, was also looking for sights rather than depth). Nowdays I heard they got an apnea school there called apnea total, they should know where/what and probably have means of getting into sites (boats). Try contacting Monica over these forums or use the search function for other threads mentioning Thailand.
If you do intend going there I could elaborate on my specific expiriences.

Hi Kiwi chick,

I'm staying on Koh Pha-Ngan and go freediving every day, it's pretty shallow 15-20 metres that is accessible from the shore, cool for cruising around, nice sunsets very laid back beach, cool people and lots of yoga, ferry to Koh Tao is 1 hour only and Monica y Eusebio are set up there, did some nice freediving with a whale shark there with them last year at Chumphon pinacle, you can find 30-40 metres there i believe, I can investigate the depths, dive boats go daily from north of this island to sail rock that sits between Koh tao and Koh Pha-ngan, Turtles and Leopards sharks are common sights there and I believe to get a ride on one of the scuba boats for the day can be arranged inexpensively... If you are coming phone me on 069969630 thats a thai mobile or email me and we can do some diving together if you like.... Water temp is 27 degrees right now, visability just off the coast and around koh Ma is 12-15 metres on a good day depends on currents and weather conditions....

If your around I'm heading to Burma border for a visa run the end of Feb and will spend a few days in Similian islands, supposed to be better diving than koh tao and less crowds....

Take it easy, ciao!! Golfinho

Hi Golfinho

Thanks for replying- daily diving sounds great!!!, as does the visa run to Burma but we won't be on Koh Tao til 1st week in April...Defnitely keen for daily diving especially if we can swim out from shore...have already spoken with Monica & Eusebio & am going to head out to some deeper water (35-40m) with them also...anyway, thanks & I'll PM you with details of where we are staying etc...

Hey Paolo,
On Koh Tao you have the possibility of taking yoga classes and go freediving every sigle day with buddy,ropes,fishes and your friends Eusebio and Monica,remember?Linda just left and Denise is here .Come on! we are waiting for you.

Monica

Hola Monica...

Quetal????

I'll try come over to koh tao, I get a little bit lazy here, ask denise, she knows how this beach is...... and I've been freediving around the squid fishing boats, they have some nice lines set up off bamboo poles down to 20 metres....

Heading out to bali in a few weeks, so try stop by before I move on....

Is denise trying the apnea now????

Hasta pronto, grande abrazo amiga, paolo

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT