• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Diving into a new thing!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
U

UberSushi

Hi
How u guys doin? :)

I decided last night while I was running that I want to do freediving. I love swimming and watersports, and spend most of my time under the water when I do go swimming.

I watched a documentary on the Discovery Channel a week or so ago and was gripped by fascination.

So yep, I am a newbie - and a very excited one at that!

I think joining this forum was a good move.

U

Welcome to the "Blue World"! :)
Have fun in freediving, but be safe! Yeah, and be careful with those friendly GWS in the Sea at the shores of SA!

Jee

Hey U
Welcome to DB, yup it was a good move, some of the best freedivers in the world are members here and the knowledge base is enormous so loads of help here

Hey U

Great place to start out, as Alison says, no shortage of top guns in here ! The freediving scene is fairly quiet in SA at the moment ( sport freediving), although the spearfishing is very active, but hopefully new enthusiasm is what is needed to get it boosted ! JHB is the base, the guys have comps in the quarrys, doing constant weight dives down the line, but I think if a good ocean venue could be found, the sport would grow. Try mail 'skindiver' on a private mail, and he will tell you if anything is happening on the comp scene here in SA.

If you ever come thru to Capetown, send me a mail.

Good luck.

Jeff.

Hey Guys :)

Thanks for the welcome messages! I already feel at home.

I have loads of questions, and will most definitely make use of this forum, so watch this space :)

U :)

Reactions: DeepThought
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT