• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Diving Tattoos

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hmmm, ok, I need some ideas :)

I want a tattoo at the bottom of my back, don't really want a tribal design. I'd like something water related, would like it to have some colour in it and not too 'heavy' looking. I was originally thinking of a daisy chain, until I decided I wanted it water related :head

Anyone got any ideas??

Donna

Last edited:
Mgm thats gonna be damn painfull man, armpits are a sensitive area Id suggest more than one session, I had mine in three, alltogether 5 hours. They did it that way cause after two hours your body starts working against the ink.
Donna what about the same principal as a daisy chain, only in waves...

i couldnt think to get anything selkie related and didnt want anything huge, so mine's just a blue and green intertwined celtic knot.

Attachments

• tat.jpg
    tat.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Reactions: island_sands
maybe i can get some feedback as to how to incorporate the already existing, meager tattoo into something more .. dive themed...?

Donna said:
Hmmm, ok, I need some ideas :)

I want a tattoo at the bottom of my back, don't really want a tribal design. I'd like something water related, would like it to have some colour in it and not too 'heavy' looking. I was originally thinking of a daisy chain, until I decided I wanted it water related :head

Anyone got any ideas??

Donna

Donna
here's some that I am considering... Paul is actually sat in front of me now having another tribal done on his other arm, and the tattoo artist gave me these to consider...

Attachments

• fishgirl.jpg
    fishgirl.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 176
  • mermaid.jpg
    mermaid.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 170
  • sharkgirl.jpg
    sharkgirl.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 165
Agreed, picture number one is teh awsomeness.

I've been planning a tattoo for quite a long time already, but I won't get one before I find (or make) a picture that I want to have on my skin for the rest of my life. I'd like to have something rather small on my back maybe, that way I won't see it myself that often.

Hi Donna, i have a lower back design somewhere , its waves and bubbles, looks realy neat , i will try and dig it up from my spare room.(man crap hiding place):) :) :) :inlove

Groupermadness said:
Hi Donna, i have a lower back design somewhere , its waves and bubbles, looks realy neat , i will try and dig it up from my spare room.(man crap hiding place):) :) :) :inlove

What a star you are - look forward to seeing it soon :)

Ahoj Donna,

What's about something like that? :)

Attachments

• mermaid_.jpg
    mermaid_.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 128
Be careful.... tattoos are very addictive !!

Here's my latest one ..

She's pretty big, sits right in the middle of my back.

Mandy

xtattoo.jpg

Just out of interest can anyone just explain the mechanism of getting different designs of tattoos done. I'm assuming you can get a standard "I love mum" from a book the tattooist shows you but what about a custom design? Do you show him your naff sketch and he imprints it on your butt forever? Or do you get him to draw it and you approve it? Can you get it drawn on you in some sort of pen and then have a few days to see if you like it? Oh! and how much does all this cost? Just wondered.

Dave

Usually it works both ways, you can draw your own sketch or let the tattooist draw the sketch for you. They can put practically anything on your skin.
There are also temporary tattoos, which aren't really tattoos - they are called 'henna' and stay usually for a few weeks. And then there's also a way to make the tattoo stay for 2-10 years, but it isn't really recommended becouse it gets ugly as it slowly wears off and it can also leave some nasty scars.
As for the prices... everything depends on the size, complexity etc. But here in Estonia the smaller tattoos are something 45-50€, but even that's different in other towns.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT