• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Diving Watch

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I am looking to buy a dive watch of course, and I just wanted to say, in response to this thread, that although I am interested in a D3, I doubt I would even look at it during a dive, and I sincerely doubt that it would influence me to push too hard. My interest in a dive watch is to be able to reveiw my dives at the end of the day and learn from a mathematical perspective how to improve my technique. I don't think it is a compensation phenomenon, nor do I feel it is a waste of money. I usually dive alone, and rarely time my dives. It is the only way I know of to examine my progress.

Jason,
The D3 is ideal in this sense as it samples data every second, so your dive profile is quite detailed. I don't know if any other dive watch offers this sampling rate. You have a historic log that gives you your deepest dive ever and the longest time you have spent underwater (for scuba and freediving seperately) and then a memory of the last dives broken down into diverse categories that you can download into your computer.

Adrian

too expensive - I belive around 100 euros

Adrian

Yes friends D3 is great,I have bought it one week ago,its really great,it really helps you during and after the dive.But just one negative thing for the Suunto is the expensivenessof the PC interference unit.Its only a cable and 1/3 of th e d3 price!!!

what is the cable? I guess one end is USB2 what about other one? May be its possible to find something from the computer shop that will work with slightly modify:hmm

There is a load of guys on Ebay selling generic interfaces for around 30 euro. Thats where I got mine.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT