• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

diving with animals

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

aquadog

Jan 6, 2003
hey everyone
I was just wandering what different types of marine life people have dove with that just made for a killer day?:)
aquadog

If you PM me your e-mail address I can send you long stories of Shylo, the local female harbor seal who acts like on of our group. She even likes to dive along our descent line with us.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

I once snorkelled with 2 Grey Whales up near Port Hardy, B.C. Another time up there, I spent an hour with hundreds of white-sided dolphins and porpoises.
I spent some time around 2 Bullsharks near Playa Del Carmen...not long though, I was a little freaked out.
Freediving in Rocky Mountain lake, I watched a Loon (Duck) whiz past me then peck under the stones for food at -15 metres. Birds are fantastic divers!
Also spent some time in the water with 2 silver-suited creatures named Eric and Laminar.....not exactly human ;)
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Dolphins are the best
Been on swim with the dolphins trips in NZ. Was smart enough to bring my own fins, because these operators do not supply them.

It's great fun. Dolphins are very curious and like to play.
We've been snorkelling with Bottlenoses, Hectors and .... Dusky dolphins. These last ones are the greatest.
Make funny noises, act weird and they come anc check you out, we were even invited to play along with them in a game of 'pass-the-seaweed'.

Also been freediving with NZ fur seals. They're OK and will show off, but they're better companions for scuba diving. Somehow that's more exciting to them.

And lastly I tried to buddy up with a grey-tip reefshark on the Great Barrier last january. By the time I reached his -12m he just disappeared with 2 strokes of his tail.

hey everyone
the coolest animal I have encountered so far was a manatee at one of the local sinkholes.In the winter time the manatee's come up in the rivers.they kind of young kids they just hang out looking for attention.they are cool dive partners though.
aquadog

a 'killer' day

I was diving a fairly shallow wall at the east end of Anacapa Island (Ventura County California) when I was blasted by sonar. It was similar and ten times louder than anything I'd ever heard from a dolphin. My wetsuit was crawling all over my body. When I turned around, I was nose to nose with a 20 foot male Orca. He watched when I surfaced for air and then slowly swam off. They are beautiful.
Aloha
Bill

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT