• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DIY Fluid Goggles

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I am lazy and impatient, but mine work great anyway. I acheive horizontal alightment automatically (just got lucky I guess) and vertical alightment is easily acheived by some light twisting. I do take care to remove the air bubbles from under the lenses by gently lifting the lens holders to force the air bubbles out, before I put the goggles on. Also I am sure I am sacrificing some vision quality due to the curved nature of the goggles themselves, but it doesn't really bother me, and seeing as how I can never get traditional goggles to fit right and I find them very uncomfortable I think I made the right sacrifices.

Attachments

• 01010005r.JPG
    01010005r.JPG
    209.3 KB · Views: 383
Eric,

How's the order coming along for the hundered lenses? are you going to resell them for an intermediate cost- like $8 a lens? :)

Jon

thanx Eric - I doubt to be able to resell more than 20-30 here in Europe, Italy, France, Switzerland, Germany... I still think many divers are frightend off by the thought of liquid touching there eyes. :ko

pat fish said:
thanx Eric - I doubt to be able to resell more than 20-30 here in Europe, Italy, France, Switzerland, Germany... I still think many divers are frightend off by the thought of liquid touching there eyes. :ko

I am interested......................................... :)

Im interested too...
I there is enoug intrest perhaps we can do another group buy just for us Europeans:)
What do you think?

Has anyone tried these spearfishing? Eric Fattah says in his liquidvision web site that they can be used for spearfishing. Martin Stephanek said at the PFD clinic I attended the visibility and field of vision were not good enough for spearfishing. Maybe Eric has improved on this?
don

If anyone has bought them in bulk im interested in getting 10 sets just not 100. Or if we could all put in we could save some $$$
Cheers Nathan Watts

I really like to try one while spearfishing. Its better for us to deploy it in mask so we can mount our snorkles easily to mask's strap. How do they work in a mask? I have some spare masks and keen to try it but i am not very talented at DIY. Hovewer if i succeed it will have great benefit while spearing, hands free equalization (nose clip on nose pocket, will look funny i know rofl ) getting one of your hand free (other is holding the gun) so you can put it proper place to be more hydrodynamic and most impostantly no mask equalization any more.

I even can pay some heavier amount for original fluid goodles but they seems bit delicate for spearing stuff and no place to attach snorkel safely (straps seems thin :hmm )

:wave You guys are great with all your fluid goggle work! True pioneers. Wish I was diving deep enough to need them!

Hello Erik,
i see you have found a new resource for lenses. I wanted to ask, is there now a chance to make the "huge FOV" version cheaper? Can you guess the price for it?
Still interested :) and way too clumsy to try DIY ...
Pavel

I'm interested by the lenses.
Who should I contact to get a couple of them in Europe???

If you guys from Europe are still interested I'm thinking about buying some lenses. So let me know if you want to do a group buy.

Ok, a few freedivers have got in touch with me by now and it deals with something like 20 lenses.
If we manage to get 80 more lenses (40 freedivers...), we will be able to buy the lenses from China which mean very low prices.

Please let me know if you want to join the command.

What is the total cost of 100 lenses+shipment to Europe?
Maybe even if every diver gets 4 lenses it's still in reasonable costs....

I might be able to gather a few freedivers in Israel which will require a second shipment from you to us of unknown price. What do you think?

I first thought about Europe only but if you guys from Israel are enough to make the second shipment cost reasonable for each freediver, it is ok.

I make a big command and then I send to everyone his lenses by post. So if you pay for the second shipment, I send it to everywhere you want.

Let me know if you are still interested.

All depends on costs ofcourse. :)
How much would 100lenses+shipment to France costs?
Do you have any way to find out how much a shipment from France to Israel costs?

If we manage to command 100 lenses or more the cost is 4,62€ per lenses. Otherwise it's ~26€ per lenses. It seems quiet incredible but it's what has been said in the previous post in this thread. The shipment cost must be close to 40 €.

The shipment to Israel should not cost more than 6 € according to the french post office web site.

Last edited:
Hi there again
Im from Israel and I can find a couple of people also (I hope that they r not the same as Michael's :))
Besidez I know a few people from russia that will take them too (I need to check this though)
Bottom line is that I can take about 10 pairs, maybe more.

Ok 10 pairs so 20 more lenses.

We have 50-60 lenses already. 100 are reachable.

Let's go on.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT