• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DIY Free Diving Computer Feedback

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
These are great suggestions
Sorry, premature posting.
I second reducing the data to 2 stats per page and increasing font size. Color is not important to me. Vibra-alerts would be great. How hard would adding voice alerts be. If it vibrated then told you what the notification was for it would take the guessing out of it, trying to remember what each sound was for.
I also second the uselessness of a wrist mounted pulse oximeter. As a paramedic, professional pulse oximeters attached to heart monitors are finicky enough. I'd have no confidence in any watch or phone that claims accuracy.
Bluetooth would be nice, but keeping the cost down would be a higher priority for me. I also don't need the gps.

Congrats on the impressive prototype. I have no idea how one builds such a device, much less in that short of time.

@ggalinsky Just curious, what/how are you doing depth sensing? And also, have you take into account the differenent density of salt vs fresh water - it can make a difference depth reading.

Units of measure has always been a bug bear. It’s either metric or imperial for everything. I live the rest of the modern world operate on metric so like temp in degrees celcius but am an old salt and like depth in feet. I have no idea how far 10m is but 30ft I’m all over it.

having the ability to select what unit of measure applies to each unit Would be good.

Reactions: marco15499
Units of measure has always been a bug bear. It’s either metric or imperial for everything. I live the rest of the modern world operate on metric so like temp in degrees celcius but am an old salt and like depth in feet. I have no idea how far 10m is but 30ft I’m all over it.

having the ability to select what unit of measure applies to each unit Would be good.
That's easy. If you multiply meters by 3.3 you get feet. :)

Absolutely excellent work, well done!

Are you looking for testers, code reviewers, or additional software developers? This sounds like a great project I would be happy to help with in my free time.
I need help with in all of those area's, I'll send you a PM

By chance, does anyone know of spots in southern California that drop off rather quickly? I am trying to find some deep spots close to shore to do testing at

By chance, does anyone know of spots in southern California that drop off rather quickly? I am trying to find some deep spots close to shore to do testing at
Hi,
if you are just testing depth, why don’t you do it in the lab. if you can build a watch, I’m sure you can sort out a pressure tester. You probably rig up something to press that buttons under pressure too. Don’t need to worry about weather, boats vis etc. Or send a couple to people on here for testing

1620869126035.png

If I could get a head mounted optical heart rate and SpO2 sensor working well would y'all be interested in that?

If I could get a head mounted optical heart rate and SpO2 sensor working well would y'all be interested in that?
If you tested it and the readings are decent it could be a nice optional extra in my opinion.

A forehead sensor sounds more usable to me. It could incorporate a silicone skirt that would minimally interfere with the mask, stick to the skin well and sit under the hood in a place that sees the least movement for accuracy. I think this would be very insightful information to have for dives.

A forehead sensor sounds more usable to me. It could incorporate a silicone skirt that would minimally interfere with the mask, stick to the skin well and sit under the hood in a place that sees the least movement for accuracy. I think this would be very insightful information to have for dives.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT