• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Diy hump/back weight, alternatives to sausage neck weights?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Marciano

Oct 22, 2013
I have searching for this in the forum but with little success. Does anyone has experience, with creating the most hydrodynamic diy neck-weight ever?

Reactions: jeremyhathaway
I have not done this but here is an idea. You can buy bags of lead "shot" on Amazon - basically bags of little lead BBs. To get the exact amount of weight you can use one or more bags and cut one open to remove excess shot - then sew it back up. After that sew on small velcro strips to the bags and and the receiving velcro strips to the upper back/neck of your wetsuit - then attach the bags to the wetsuit. For extra smoothness you could cover this over with a thin tight sheet of neoprene, also held on with velcro.

Reactions: Marciano
i have made a Y shape lead 4.5kg and added 0.5kg. molding in hard wood form. but i made molding mistake from lack of experience and i hope on next week competition it will not die. it last whole one season two days a week training. one part is weakened. form must be warmed before with blowtorch. performance and comfort is realy nice. never want return back to belt weigh and neckweight. it hurts my neck and streamlining was not perfect flat position. i also tried one model from chabaud and i think mine is better but not so nice. half year back i tried lobster but only 2.5kg. and i like it and think about buy one big. because i dont want make another mold its not worth it. better save a money for more sofisticated comercial solution like lobster or chabaud what you prefer. can sell it later for a half price or less. i will post a picture mine weight later. only drawback is you cannot move head backward too much and due that my turn like katarina is not perfect. no problem on turns with lobster or simple neckweight (deeper pool).

and one point - better solid shape like a lead mold. it doesnt work if it is made from tire tubes or something moveable.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT