• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Do I get a longer band?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

wildflower

Mar 22, 2008
I can only pull the band about half way or maybe 2/3rds to anywhere close to being loaded, even sitting on the couch and or putting my weight on it.
Do I get a longer thinner band, or just build more muscle?

If its the band that came with the gun, then its probably not too short. It's generally just a matter of technique, although more muscle never hurts. And its much easier in the water than it is on the couch.

Reactions: xristos and Mr. X
Is the band progressive or reactive? You could try the same diameter band in a progressive rubber which will stretch further or a smaller diameter progressive band. What diameter is the band you have on your speargun currently and what is the length of speargun?

Total guess but it’s probably 16mm bands. I would go to 14mm bands and yes you can lengthen them to what your capable of pulling.

The irony is there’s some good stuff on YouTube depicting 2x14mm bands actually being superior to 16mm in many ways… depending on the gun of course.

Reactions: Mr. X
Nobody asked, but what speargun are we talking about? Probably is just a matter of technique. Out of the shelf spearguns are not so extreme. You should be able to load it as it is.

Most probably is lack of technique. Underwater is a litlle easier. But the main is, brace yourself for the pull and do it in one go. I like to present my gun to inexperience strong people just to afterwards show off my skills. Even after they see how i do it, they still fail, because they try to do in one quick go, but without preparing to close the elbows until the end so they came up with the wishbone almost near the shaks fin's position, but from there they can't pull the rest. I is a kind of the weightlifting snatch. Do go pulling it, just pull it,

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT