• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Do you train Monofin with proffesional monofin swimmers?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Lambis

You take my breath away!
Sep 16, 2003
Does anyone of you use to train with monofins swimmers?

We wanted to learn Monofin so we went to a club with
proffesional monofin swimmers.

Here is the training for today

800 meters swimming witout fins
200 meters swiming with fins
100 meter dolfin kick witout fins
4 x 25 meter dynamic with monofins

The question is if a training like this will help to use the Monofins
in Freediving or not?

I've just started doing this and it is amazing. I think it is excellent fitness training and also fantastic for my monofin style practise. A real chance to focus on technique, and not just the whole technique but each little part of the body and each part of the stroke.
I think we have a lot to learn from finswimmers and if we let them try they would beat us by miles...

Last week in a one hour training session I must have tried upwards of 10 stroke variations, a couple of decent length apneas and covered more than 1400m in total... tiring but worth it!

Sam

...tiring but worth it!

Exact !!! That is wat I think to. Heavy training but worth it!
I will do this until next sommer.

Finswimming is excellent training for freediving on the condition that you can 'gear down to go down'.

I'm a (mono)finswimmer myself and the streamlining and stamina I got from workouts help my freediving a lot but I often catch myself going Way too fast when (dynamic) freediving.
What also happens is the harder I work out finswimming (e.g. for a race) the harder it gets to set a decent time on static apnea!!! Too much hardcore finswimming turns your muscles into real gas-guzzlers. :waterwork

Useful hint: do maximum 2 workouts a week with a finswim team, it'll make your swimming feel much more natural. The rest of your training should be turned to focusing, relaxation and Real freediving to make sure you don't lose those all important static apnea skills.

Enjoy!

Lynn

hi all/ i have a doughter , her age is 13 years old, and she swam by fins since three years ago, she will be start swim by mono fins this week, so i want information a bout the swim by mono,
what `s the traning which she just will be do its,
i wait the reply
thanks
gamaiky

swimming with a monoswim isn't too hard but effective monofin swimming with a good technique is tough...

we had the chance of training with a professional russian monofin trainer this winter and the benefit was big. my upper abdominal muscles were tortured and my feet and toes hurt... before even going for the diving exercises we had to learn to swim on the surface correctly with the front snorkel. people often say to me "oooh must be lots of fun with the monofin!" without having the slightest idea how tough it is. but it sure is fun.

the biggest advantage of the monofin is the effectiveness through loading the work on the core muscule groups - the biggest disadvantage is the complex technique it requires.

i recommend every freediver to take advantage of training with a professional swim training - especially when it comes to monofin swimming.

yours pat

hiiiiiii/ bat fish
please i want ask u some questions about the monofish
are u can help me, i have a ddoughter swim with fins , since four years , and now she will swim with mono, so i want the porgram for her to beggining , her age is 13 years
i am waitting your reply ,,,,,thanks,,,,,GAMAL

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT