• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Does someone need a case for their babies?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
have you traveled with this case on airplanes yet. on my south pacific trip my riffe blue water bag took a serious beating and i don't think I would purchase another one. lots of rips were the shoulder straps connected to the bag.

Took it last year to the Hatteras, and this year to San Diego both on planes. It worked pretty good. I just added the heavy duty hardware on it, hasp, clasp and and lock, I did get one dent on it but no biggy. Will put a heavier type press board on top. The heavier material should take the impact better than 1/8 inch plywood.

Last edited:
how much does this case weigh? can you put more than one gun in it? i just might build one of these.

Hello there,
Another good idea in order to travel with the spearguns is buying a bag (like theOMER MASTERLINE mentioned above). Since it does not have a hard case, buy an 8'' diameter PVC tube (or bigger depending on the size of the bag). The lenght of the tube should be 2 inches shorter than the length of the bag, then stick it into the bag. This will give you a hard-case bag to travell.
The bottom part of the tube should be sealed with a PVC cap of the same diameter. The upper part with a cap too, but fix this cap to the tube with a piece of line/monofil and glue velcro straps on the tube to keep the cap firm when closed.
This works pretty well in order to carry and to travel with spearguns, specially with the carbon ones!

Saludos

Roberto

Reactions: Cingene
The case weighs less than 6 lbs empty and as I said can carry a metal tech #5 with the shaft removed and placed diagonally on the other half along with other accessories (picture of girlfriend, Miss DeeperBlue '03 :D etc.). On mine you can put the gun on either halves and am sure with an addition of straps to hold the guns down it will carry 2 metal tech #5's and shafts. Instead of 1/8 inch plywood used the 1/4 inch press wood instead. it will be stronger.

Here's the case with new skin (3/16" laminated board) and some other brass hardware. Needs handles straps and probably a coat of polyurethane.

Here is how the MT #5 fits in. Shaft now fits lengthwise (not diagonally anymore). Will add straps to actually hold down the gun, shaft and accessories.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT