• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dominican Republic

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

rocnsanman

Jan 20, 2004
Hey All'
Planning a trip to the DR and would like to know if anyone out there has info. on diving of interest. Thanks, Jerry

Hi Ya'All, Recently visited the DR, Wyndham Resorts in Bihibe. Excellent !! Great for kids, they really make it a pleasure for adults (by entertaining the kids). Dove with Scuba Fun, just to get my Nitrox Certification. The diving for the most part is really marginal, but I would consider it great for someone newly certified or hasn't been wet for awhile. Scuba Fun not at all fun for advanced/comfortable divers, they tend to want to "control" the entire group. If you go, dive Catalinita, probably the best of the lot. Lost fo luck. P.S., we had the luck with us, went in March and saw nine adult and three baby humpbacks, they came along side our boat and stayed with us. That was great!!

Bayahibe, and Saona Island are good spot, but there is a remote spot, near the Dominican-Haiti border called Pedernales, were you can find the best of the in all caribbean sea.

Thanks for the info. X-Frog. I will be going again in March. Northern end of the DR is where we will be!

hey travelin to DR in January next year... does anyone have any pics of what it was like??? thanks

Hey Trikz, best of luck - we went to the DR in January and it rained every single day, and because of the steep mountains on the north (near Puerta Plata) the visibility was very poor. The locals told me, "It always rains here January thru about March".

CW

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT