• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Don,t do this!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
thanks to your inspiration DT and myself went on a suicide mission this weekend :) lol was lots of fun.

Attachments

• enroute.jpg
    enroute.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 159
  • rod-henre-sean.jpg
    rod-henre-sean.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 172
  • big_waves.jpg
    big_waves.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 161
Hey Geoff, Glad you're still with us, scary story.
I wonder whether a leash attachment like the surfers use for their boards would work - neoprene backed velcro with swivel to the lanyard - you could exchange the normal thick chord for a thinner line. Buy Surf Leashes at Surfinghardware.co.uk

Just an idea from a guy who cant even load his speargun yet... :)
JohnB

nah johnny never attach a gun to your body no matter what contraption you use, inventive though ill give you that :)

Hi Covert,Don,t try too hard, eh.
Hi Jonny 250,Thank,s,good avice from Covert,take it.What gun do you have?.

Hi Geoff, I have a Beuchat 750 Mundial. I found out today why I cant load it - the guy in the shop rigged the wishone upside down - doh (you can tell how little I know now as I didn't work it out). Point taken about not attaching the gun to yourself at all...
Cheers.

Reactions: covert
Jonny 250,Respect,but that did make me laugh, thank,s.Incidentally,I went to buy a handle for a band gun I was making,the sale,s lady(the owner of the shop)could,nt tell me what a little button on it was for,saying, "oh it,s nothing," I told her ,"I was,nt going to buy it if she could,nt tell me exactly what it was for" & that, "She should,nt sell equipment when she did,nt know how it worked".So I walk,d out & went into another shop just along the road,that guy had exactly the same handle,but it was on a "complete gun",I asked him what the little button was for,he replied "oh ,that, oh, it,s nothing",he also could,nt tell me,so I left.It turns out, that that, "little button" is to adjust the sensitivity of the trigger.These people sell "dangerous",not potentially dangerous,but dangerous equipment.They should have a thorough understanding of this equipment.I should say that this took place in Spain,Where, in my experience, all they want is "Your Money"!. Point is,(to all of us) don't rely on the shop staff,they don't always no what their talking about!...Geoff.

Last edited:
You have to go to a proper spearo/freediving shop (there's one in Figueres and another in Girona, Geoff), apart from Subprof and Subashop not too far from L'Escala). The other shops that sell general boat or dive equipment plus the odd speargun won't have an idea.

A friend lent me one of his guns and forgot to tlell me that he had made the trigger very sensitive. A few minutes into the session my finger just slightly brushes the trigger and the gun goes off, luckily I'm not in the habit of pointing my gun anywhere near my buddies, even if the safety is on. My friends were just a few meters away.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT