• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Doping

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ramstam

May 9, 2003
I'm always looking for something to help me perform a little
better. I will not use drugs or almost drugs, but I like the idea
of stuff like baking soda or kava.

What types of semi-secret legal stuff do you guys use?
Don't say I eat right and workout and practice and get 10 hours
of sleep a day. I mean other stuff.

FYI- I think kava really works for statics, but it also makes me
thirsty and tired.

Reactions: DeepThought
Hi ramstam,
my 'secret' stuff I use for statics is orange juice. :D
I wouldn't say it makes a huge difference but I definitely notice it enough to say that it helps in my case. Tomato juice is similar, I think Eric likes lemon juice ?
It basically has the same effect as baking soda to a smaller degree.

Cheers,
Wal

What is this Kava you are speaking of? I figured that it is a kind of plant, but what does it do and how?

I don't have any secret ingridiant to my "super-abilities" :D, I just have to dive, when I do so, I improve. When I'll hit a plataeu, maybe I'll consider playing with my diet.

kava is a drink made from ground roots grown in the south pacific.
It numbs my mouth and makes me calm.

Last edited:
see, now this post was worthwhile, off to the store to get
some lemon and orange juice. works out well, i'm in
orange county.

Originally posted by ramstam
kava is a drink made from ground roots grown is the south pacific.
It numbs my mouth and makes me calm.
Some form of local/mild anesthesia?
Some benzocainemathingies?
If so I'm not sure I'de dive with it, but sounds like it might have some nice recreactional properties...

I would only use kava for statics, not for real diving.
It makes you feel like it's hard to move.

Hi Deep
Kava Kava is a mild anxiolitic and euphoric. It gives you an overall sensation of good feeling and tranquility, like everything is in its place,very similar (but not all that good)
as the one you have when you leave a good meditation. Active ingredient is dihidromestistithine. I used it to quit smoking and worked for me. It's also used in the last stages of some addiction clinics. I won't use it for real diving, like ramstam says, not because it robs you some piece of your conciousness, but because all you want to do is just enjoying floating in the water (that was all what i wanted to do when i tried for diving). In my country, they banned it. In my opinion b/c it was a "healthy" alternative to Prozac, but lots cheaper. The day I realized they were going to ban it, I run to the herb shop to buy all the capsules remained :D. It helped me quit all my addictions. And no,
I didn't get addicted to Kava Kava :)
Also is very nice to try yoga or meditation while on Kava :)

BlueIcarus

You might be able to buy Kava on the internet, that's what I do.
Sounds like you take the pill form, I like to get the powdered root
and mix it the way they do in Fiji. I even drink it out of a half
a coconut(just to make it seem like a ceremony).

ramstam, yes I took the pill form b/c there was no root in the market. Nowadays I only work with my mind/body to change my mood
and feelings, but maybe for some friends who have been curious about Kava I'll order some powdered root.

Many thanks for the info! :)

Reactions: ramstam
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT