• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dorset 2016

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Best go steady there Bryn, let's see if we can keep the dorset thread this year to under one page!
Desperate to get back in, having not been in since October, mostly due to the damn winds. May chance a dip in the next fortnight if some settled weather comes, otherwise it'll be April I guess. Anyone been in this winter?

I too am itching to get it but like you am waiting for a weather window. I have a new boat, new(old) outboard and a new wetsuit to try out :)

Is there another Dorset 2016 thread? I did look but i think the forum has changed a wee bit since i was on here last.

Just got a mooring in Teignmouth on the river, boat probably won't be in the water until end of March / early April, could anyone recommend an easy/safe spot to dive for a novice within a few miles of the river ?

Any help greatly appreciated

Is there another Dorset 2016 thread? I did look but i think the forum has changed a wee bit since i was on here last.
Hi Bryn, nice to see you posting but I am afraid things are not the same as when you were active a few years back.
However the threads will pick up soon & it does looks like Facebook is running its course with lots of folk making a return to our forum :)

Anyone been out this week/weekend?

Looking to take the rib on her maiden voyage on the hunt for some 5-10m water with some vis

Hi All,

Anyone been out this year yet? Four years ago today I took these two beauties, not been in since September...

Started dreaming about going in again, just a shame I'll have to lay off the bass until July!
548889_10150887193034478_1459426989_n.jpg

Reactions: Broseidon
Yes, not this year - EU bass ban until 1st July :( Although one article claimed there is an exemption for recreational anglers for Portland and Weymouth (MEP cybnically trying to hang onto his job despite what they have done? Yes, he's for remain.). Are spearos recreational anglers?

Last edited:
Yes, not this year - EU bass ban until 1st July :( Although one article claimed there is an exemption for recreational anglers for Portland and Weymouth (MEP trying to hang onto his job?). Are spearos recreational anglers?

Most definitely if questioned with a stringer containing bass! ;-)

Evening get chaps and chapesses,

I may be heading out this Friday and looking for a dive buddy. Current weather is suggesting a dip around old harry and Studland. I have a rib and motor with transom wheels so I will launch from the National Trust centre (being a member it's free) I don't know any marks around there but the marine charts indicate a couple of possible spots and a couple of divable wrecks that might give something.

Anyone free and fancies a dip? I prefer not to dive alone.

Due to a cold which has so far stayed out of my sinuses I may postpone the trip until Saturday if anyone is interested.

Weather looks promising for a jaunt around Studland, training bank and old harry.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT