• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dorset 2017

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Yes very sad but it does say... "Following subsequent analysis of retained samples, a provisional cause of death was given as drowning under alcohol intoxication."

Sounds like he was hammered and fell in the wet... not likely.

In which way do alcohol drastically decrease ones dive abilities?

Dunno what happened there but there are all sorts of rumours... R.I.P.

Nice going Pawel, sorry I couldn't leave work.

This is very sad and my heart goes out to his family.

I don’t think any of us are that far away from this sort of danger when we are spearfishing, especially entanglement.

I’ve never experienced entanglement but I normally carry both a knife and a line cutter when I dive in the hope that I’d be able to free myself.

He might have been drinking before his dive but he might just have had a heavy night the day before.

Critically he wasn’t diving with a buddy. Most of us often don’t, but you have to wonder if the rather easy going attitude we have in this country to spearfishing alone needs to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: foxfish
This is very sad and my heart goes out to his family.

I don’t think any of us are that far away from this sort of danger when we are spearfishing, especially entanglement.

I’ve never experienced entanglement but I normally carry both a knife and a line cutter when I dive in the hope that I’d be able to free myself.

He might have been drinking before his dive but he might just have had a heavy night the day before.

Critically he wasn’t diving with a buddy. Most of us often don’t, but you have to wonder if the rather easy going attitude we have in this country to spearfishing alone needs to change.

Fair point on diving alone but going in the water with a buddy isn't enough if you're not prepared to actually dive together / one up one down in the case of either entanglement or SWB. Suspect even fewer do this.

Agreed, it’s very frustrating with poor viz and especially in a current you have no idea where people are.

Also, my main buddy takes ages to breathe up so I feel like I’m missing out on dives.

I’ve found one workable way which is to have the float line attached to the gun and just to take one gun between you and switch.

That way you can’t get bored of watching each other and if someone is missing you can use the float line to (hopefully) find them.

Not a lot of people are actually on for that though.

Reactions: little sarge
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT