• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dorset Spearfishing 2013

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Got in at Southbourne this morning. Viz was generally 2 to 3m+. Managed two plaice (a third got off the spear). I will have my fish finder rigged soon so I know exactly what depths I am diving up to (probably about 14m on these springs).

Will resurrect this thread to note that adding a fish finder to my float was of no practical use although I did find out I was diving to about 12 metres. The clicking sound from the fish finder transducer is quite loud when you are under the water. I didn't like that I may be alerting fish to my presence. Also, it was a bit of pain moving back to the float to check the depth readings.

A freedive watch with depth gauge should be of more use - on my 'to buy' list.

Reactions: moomin
Good skills Kuya. I have been thinking about that for a year or so but thought the practicalities was a bit poor. Plus the fact my hit rate went up to about 95%. Glad you did the ground work. Also disappointed for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I'm trying to get in the water as much as possible as last year was a bad year for me with only 6 dives. So far I got in a fair few.

Popped in last night 1m very dirty water could just about see the tip of my spear at full arms reach. 3 small flatties seen.
Still armed with new guns float and 2 new suits I am looking forward to this years spearing. :).

Well done on getting in.

Raven you may want to post this on the Dorset 2014 thread - I have probably confused things by posting on this 2013 thread recently bumping it up near the top.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT