• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dorset spearfishing 2014

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423849115.403415.jpg

Can't find dorset 2015 thread ??

Anyway.....first dive of 2015, first shot and first fish [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy new year dudes...
Lee, is that a tiny dildo on the tube of toys, next to your leg?

Ha..... It is a "stress cock" I got it for the mrs at Christmas, for her to squeeze when she feels the tension [emoji3].... But my boy stole it and put it in with his toys [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Day or night, spring, summer, Autumn or winter......I can still pull out a double :)
Saying that,,it was the only fish seen between the two of us and our hands didnt fair well :(

Reactions: spearo Clark
I laughed when we walked into the swanage chippy last year late in the evening and the serving fella said 'been spearfishing?'. I thought he must have an eye for it, or seen the masks prints on my eyes. My brother said ' no, it's 'cause we stink of piss!!!'.

Reactions: speerolee
I'd be interested, but my spearo buddy Alan is the 'badboy' of spearfishing and thus makes me misbehave and gets me into trouble, not sure that the island is prepared.
Do you guys party hard between spearo sessions? And how are the women of Guernsey?

LOL it is all about partying mate!
Some more than others but as a general rule the Jersey guys do more drinking than spearing & most guys have their first beer while getting out of their suit after the comp.
You can leave our women alone but there are plenty of visitors in town :)
As it happens there is only one space left for the specimen competition but room for more social divers...

Took a little recce with my buddy yesterday down to purbeckshire and portland just to case out a few spots for later on. Very useful regarding access,parking and charges etc.. A couple of questions for some of you locals please.

1. Is it ok to enter newtons cove and spear along the bincleaves arm outside of the harbour, going nowhere near the shipping channel? Guessing there's minimal tidal flow there.

2. Church ope and grove point safest to get in on the flood and high/low water, but stay well away on the ebb? Any better access than behind the young offenders slammer? Parking easy but a nice hike back up

3. Kimmeridge I hear is some sort of marine reserve so spearfishing is banned there, any ideas on boundaries?

Any replies would be appreciated. Did jump in for an hour to have a swim and test some gear changes. As soon as we got in I could taste ice cream. Bbbrrrrrrr. Water was a delicious 8 degrees.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!
So, who's first into the water then?! Looking lovely out there, good old seasonal gales and driving rain. I would love to lead the way but my car is currently abandoned at the side of the road where it conked out in a flood on the way home this morning. Grr.

Sent from my W100 using Tapatalk

Hello all,

I've been living in Bournemouth for about a year now. Been spearfishing with a pole spear most of my life. Living by the sea I would love to get into the sport of using a speargun. Any one diving in the Dorset area? Looking for a dive buddy and tips, hotspots etc?

Hey Nicko, I hope you are being receptacle by inviting your Facebook friends to join us here on the forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT