• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dorset Spearfishing 2015

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Have you been out yet this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
image.jpg
Solent and calshott 10am glass y flat fog mist v calm if any one is thinking of going out !

Reactions: scrumpy
Hi All,
Been very quiet on the Spearfishing front due to work and family commitments; I am looking at going more this year!
Does anyone have any temp. reports for Dorset area at all please?
Cheers
Ryan

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427375598.023293.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427375619.823874.jpg

Due to a new baby, this was my second dive of 2015, back in feb I had my first double of the year (posted in 2014 thread) so decided. To go last night after work.

Chesil vis was 4m but getting worse due to increasing wind from the SW. Plenty of bass about again, best for me was 9lb 2oz and just under 5lb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. Looks like you hit the last weather window for a couple weeks. I was desperate to go yesterday eve, but my buddy bottled it, a******e.

As far as I can see there is now a three bass per day limit in force throughout the Uk!

Does it specify spearfishing? Or 'recreational angling' ?

We are not 'anglers' ...maybe 'underwater hunting'

Whether it rolls out in full effect is yet to be seen, but I don't think it will impact greatly for the average spearo. 3 bass per outing is probably more than most average guys bag anyway, would be a shame to have a red letter day and end prematurely. It may well hit the charter boats hard, as I'm not sure how many anglers would pay £70-£100 for a days bassing and only take 3. What sort of enforcement, if any,could there be for the inshore gill netters, or is it only aimed at anglers?

Hey guys I am coming down to Poole next week thinking of chucking the spearing gear in the car can anybody give me any pointers on where I should target day or night, best tides etc don't worry I don't want to know your secret spots just somewhere I might be able to have a dive with the chance of a fish if I get a pass from the boss.

Any one able to give a vis report for between Swanage and Portland?

Matt, pls post a quick via report if you get a chance to get in. Looking to go to Dorset next wkend :)

I will do; hoping to get in at lulworth either tonight or tomorrow morning......

Took the drive down to purbeckshire yesterday eve, after a long hike down the cliffs the viz was pretty awesome up to 7-8m in places, decreasing when the ebb really kicked in. We saw a few mullet, a few bass and the ubiquitous pollock and wrasse. Some shocking shooting took place, but nice to be in. It was pleasant for about an hour, then it was bloody freezing.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT