• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dorset Spearing 2009

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Drank my last bottle the other night when we had guests:friday

Enjoy a glass for me mate.:friday

Reactions: podge
Well as I’m sat here on me tod (Mrs Rogers is working a night shift at the hospital and the kids are with grandparents) I thought I’d see the new year in with a bloody great lump of Brie, some pickled gherkins and the last bottle of Port from Christmas, and I gota tell you it all feels pretty good!
Happy New Year Gentlemen of Dorset, thanks for your company in 2008 and bring on 2009.:):):)

Happy New Year to you all.
Here's to safe diving in great company.:friday
(oh, any maybe the odd fish)

See you all soon

Jumped in at The Fleet, Portland, yesterday and took a flounder (my girlfriend likes them). He must have been the unluckiest fish alive - I was getting so frustrated with my new Cressi Garra Professional fins, that my mind wasn't remotely on fish. Anyway, I spotted him out of the corner of my eye and took him as a bit of a consolation.

In retrospect, The Fleet probably wasn't the most sensible place to test a pair of fins for the first time (although Portland did look blown out). I'll give them another go in the open sea, before I stick them on e-bay!

That was my first time with a pair of long, foot-pocket fins. Can anyone suggest fins that are a little less like a set of 'planks'?

Happy New Year all,

Gaz D

Planks are good Gaz!

Happy new year everyone! Been away for a bit so a little behind...

Happy new year everyone! Been away for a bit so a little behind..

You’ve not been caught up to your old tricks with that Goose again have you Ben.roflroflrofl
See you tomorrow with the Kelly Kettle.

Well the first dive of 2009 went well with vis of about 4 meters or so and sea temp at 6 degrees, and the few brave souls ventured out.
Good to have you back with us Bryn and even though it was a short dive there will always be next time. John well done on the Scallops and post the picture of the gang with the coffee. Tim thanks for the drive down and I’m sure your brother in law didn’t mean to eat all the mini cheddars and drink all your wine. Ben good work with the Kelly Kettle and it’s always agreeable to see you’re lovely wife, especially when she has chocolates.
Guess what I’ve got for tea??:):)

Last edited:
Your order is my command oh great one and after all that Christmas food - a slightly larger GREAT one than before!!

It was a real ice cream face after the first ducking, but your body soon numbs and you can enjoy an hour or so dive....

Yes well done to the Kelly Kettle heroes, Suz & Ben - not long until summer now!

Attachments

• secondbeach.jpg
    secondbeach.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 176
Iv'e eaten far to much mince pies and cake - all gone now thank goodness...must get back in the water again!

Well done guys for getting in again. I might dive in the week sometime...anyone up for that (Bryn?)

Happy New Year everyone! Hope everyone had a great crimbo, and well done to everyone who has been getting in recently! Just back from Dubai where I managed a few dives before the viz went to ratsh*t. The first fish is a snub-nosed emperor (a type of snapper), and the second a blue trevally. Both very good eating.

I'm keen to dive whenever anyone is thinking of going, esp night dives as I have yet to test the new torch!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 145
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Thanks for the offer but i've got a set of soft Cressi planks! Have a look at this...

Ben,

Seen the photo, very amusing - did it work? I imagine you now have a 20 meter exclusion zone around you, as far as fish are concerned.

Your fins look like the 3000 LDs, which is what I originally intended to buy. But when I compared them to the Gara Professionals in the shop, they seemed to be just as flexible as each other - in fact the Professionals seemed softer throughout the entire length of the fin (whereas the LDs only seemed to flex towards the tip).

Did you find that yours took a bit of getting used to?

Might take mine skiing if we get any snow this year.

All the best,

Gaz

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT