• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dry land workouts

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

shaneshac

FIN TRASHER
Oct 8, 2002
Can someone please give me a foolproof on-land training programme to increase my breathhold time. By on-land I mean exercises to do whilst sitting down at home as I already run over 50miles a week and spend a lot of time in the water.

I would be looking at a 3-6 month programme to get me in peak form for the summer as this is when the big groupers come up from the depths.

My current static lying on my bed is 4:15 and 2:30 dynamic to a depth of 10 metres.

Thanks a lot.

Shane

Hi,

I have been exercising on land for a couple a months now and I have one exercise that I find very useful:

I really hate to just walk (my fiance likes it..) so I had to found out something stimulating to do while walking so I walk and keep my breath for a distance. Where I live, we have lights on the streets and between these there is approx. 20 meters between them so I hold my breath between 2 of those ( = 40 meters) for a start and then slow down again to hold 20 meters, breath 20, hold 20 and so on...

And finally when I'm really in to it I hold 100 meters and rest for 5-6 minutes. I find this exercise very useful but also very hard.. I get really dizzy after 100 meters and people always look very strange at me, like I would be drunk :)

You can also combine this exercise when you are running...

/ Zoros

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT