• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

dry training exercises

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mivo

Nov 20, 2003
Hi, I'm searching desperately for some really valid information about dry training for freediving. any links you could recommend? Any exercises you suggest, any training tables you use?
All you monsters who go 60m,70m, 80m down or even more, please help me to improve my modes 45m!!

wet training i.e. diving

since no-one has answered...

before thinking about dry training, ask yourself if you could dive more. i really believe the best training is actually diving. focus your efforts on diving as often as possible and really work on your technique - the full range - warm-up, preparation, finning. it is certainly possible to reach the depths you quoted without resorting to weird and wonderful dry training techniques. i firmly believe that you should aim to spend as much time as possible in the water. making a 'breakthrough' with your equalisation could add 20m to your depth, or an extra 10m after modifying your finning technique. dry training has a much lower 'return on investment'.

but if you really want to do dry training - then you can do things like static tables and apnea walks - there must be dozens of threads about these things in DB - have a search.

hth

Hey Mivo

Cannot add anything here apart from general circuit training / cardio fitness will always help with things like recovery time between dives, being more comfortable in adverse conditions etc.

And hey, I'm no experienced freediver, but 45 meters is not a mickey mouse depth, if you're new to the sport, thats pretty impressive dude !

Good luck

Jeff

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT