• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DS4 vs US4

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Amphibious

Working Class Spearo
Mar 17, 2002
anyone know the difference between these two first stages? Picking up a pair of DS4 from deeperblue, but need 1st Stage for Argon/stage's.

US4 any good? @ $100 beans?

Willer

They are identical in terms of ports and internal parts. The only difference is that the DS4 is dry sealed with an environmental chamber while the US4 is unsealed and has the balance chamber exposed to the water.

The environmental seal on the DS4 adds a bit of length to the reg but you won't notice this in use.

Both are excellent value for money.

Ash

Je Suis Stroke!

meh - DIR is nice - but I'm an openwater boy for now. I can't afford twin 104's....

I ordered a US4 for my stage/pony. DS4 for primary/back gas.

thanks!

Willer

You don't need twin104's to dive DIR.:D

A few friends of mine jsut ran through the DIR fundamentals class two weeks aog- they were already certified tech divers before that.
You can do it with a single 80 if your an "open water boy".:cool:

The twins come later.;)

Jon

True. But I love my transpacII, and that is somewhat Anti-DIR.

They have a lot of good idea - I like to think I am a "Hybrid" Diver.

and If I have to wear weight pockets with my Backplate/single 80, why not just stick to my transpac?

Now the trick will be hose length - some say 5ft, others 7ft with a single AL80??

Taking DIRF in Calgary with Irvine - AlbertaScuba is putting one on. Dates not fixed yet.

and No 104's for me - already opened up a savings account for "Willer's CCR" fund :D

Willer

(not totally openwater - limited wreck pen. thank-you-very-much! haha)

If your taking DIR-F they can give you all of the tips you'll need.
I woudln't buy any more gear until your done with the class- it will save you tons of money and frustration in the long run.

Jon

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT