• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dubai Freediving Competition 2011 (Fazza)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi Adel, yes it help's I'll use floating devices provided by organizer ;)

Thank you foe your help!

Hi Again,

Ok Goran, I asked the organizer. It is not recommended to get your own float but still you can if it's very important for you. Just keep in mind the following:
1. The float you bring should be as small (short) as possible.
2. It needs not to physically disturb the other athletes AT ALL. So it has to be attached to your official diving line with a rope that is short and so when you leave it and dive it will not swim away near to other lines. If it gets in the other athletes way it will be removed and you will be disqualified.
3. You have to leave "your" float BEFORE you start your dive and can grab it ONLY AFTER you surface from the water. Between the two points you need to use only the official line and float provided by the organizers.
4. The organizers preserve their right to refuse using any aids other than those officially provided by them, and their decision is not negotiable and final.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards

Adel

Great stuff! i recommend they get you on the committee next year so we can get early answers. They offered me a ladies section on the committee last year but... "famous last words"....

Alexey arrives on 1st April, will get him up there to the training sessions you mentioned.

Thanks again Adel, very helpful.

Hi Sara,

You are welcome. They actually did. It's not yet official but I've been working with them on the setup and all technical stuff. I'm still finding it difficult though not to compete !!! .. well, if I am officially in the organizing then I guess no way out and all is going this direction .. :-(

So yes, if anyone have questions please ask and I'll try my best to get it answered .. :)

Adel

Reactions: kelp princess
Hi Everyone !

I received few questions through the messages and thought of sharing them with you all as well as the answers of course .. :)

1. While holding the rope can you put the rope under your armpit while holding with your palms? And is just palm catch allowed or you have alternatives?

Answer: Yes you are allowed to keep the rope under your armpit as long as you hold it with your palm (one palm is enough, no need for both). There is no alternative for catching with at least one palm, as per the rules if you let go from your palm you will be disqualified. Of course you can catch in both the palm and the feet if you like. Just keep in mind that you are not allowed to tie yourself to the line (through for example making several loops around your arm or your feet .. etc) which will make it very unsafe in case of BO because the rescuer (SCUBA safety diver) will not be able to pull you out immediately. The safety diver has the right to end your attempt and ask you to leave if you use such an unsafe loop, so be careful.

Also be noticed that this year we made sure there are no knots that you can hook to also for safety reasons. So the line will be plain all the way down to the bottom weight.

2. How deep or shallow can you be on the rope?

Answer: The pool depth is 5 meters and the diving line is stretched all the way to the bottom. You choose how deep or shallow you would like to go. Just understand that your attempt time will start as soon as all your body parts are fully immersed underwater water and it will end as soon as ANY part of your body surfaces out of the water. You can go as shallow as 5 inches or as deep as 5 meters.

3. If someone get the car how can you sell it? And if you get second or third place award is it cash or you have go to the bank... or something else?

Answer: Don't take my word for this one .. :) .. Selling the car could take any form and could take long time. If you find a buyer for example then there you go. Or I guess you could negotiate with the car agency to sell it for you. The 2nd and 3rd prices are given in a form of a cheque that can be en-cashed from the bank next morning.

Hope those answers helps .. :)

Adel

Hi Everyone,

Please be advised that the buoy on the diving lines will be the same as the original buoy used in the past years this time. Not the freediving buoy.

Best Regards !

unfortunately i didn't join the conversations & messages from beginning but I want to thank Sara-Lise & Adel Abu Haliqa to provide all these informations
and for all the divers from out side dubai if you need any help in dubai city you can contact me
name: Amro Dabash
mobile: 050 8 524 524
i hope to see you all at the complex. :)

Hi Sara, Adel and Amro, maybe, just maybe you can organise a little AIDA comp after the Fazza event and invite everybody to see and maybe try these disciplines?

hi everyone, got some very INTERESTING results from Amro
(i am not at the comp)

Goran Colak = 6:40
William Winram=5:30
Alexey Molchanov =6:28
Qaesar ElHaj about 3:05 (we are not sure)
and Amro has mixed reports of 3 or 4 minutes, waiting to hear!!

I would love to see a video of this competition...
Congrats on the Range Rover to Goran (it seems...)
Morten

Morten,

i think today were the qualifications, finals are tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

Go Goran!!

Sara Qaesar did 03:09 & i did 03:39 :)
Mortenkv its not the final this is the qualification for top 10
the final will be Saturday 9/april/2011 then we will see who is the most breath holder ;-)

After Koenraad beat the road & the traffic he joined us late as the last.
Koenraad did yesterday 03:21 :)

hi everyone here is the results from the FAZZA compitition

Goran Colak = 07:01
William Winram = 5:30
Alexey Molchanov = 6:56
Qaesar ElHaj = 3:18
Ahmad Nemer = 05:22
Koenraad = 4:15
Amro Dabash = 03:43

Congrats for Goran :)

Hope Goran's Range Rower comes with a barrel or two of gas on the heck, so that he does not spend for it more on the way back home than he would for buying a new car rofl

Congrats to Goran, Ahmad, and to the other winners too!

Driving the car back home would be an adventure in itself!

Into to Wild, through some deserts, to Israel, taking a boat to perhaps Greece etc.
On could also go through Iraq to Turkey, but than you maybe shot with some uranium shell's or RPG's.

Congratulations to everyone, I see it was a close finish, very nice job Goran and Alexey!
I bet it's rather difficult to hold on to a line underwater for 7 minutes! Let us see some stills and Video!

bravo gogo :friday

nice fotofinish :t ! i hope we'll see some underwatere footage and struggle on your faces.

good luck on your way back. we've started collecting contributions .
Shi*t man , why couldn't you won a camel instead :head

see you in august , hehehehehhe !

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT