• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dutch Pool Competition - December

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
Seeing as all you lot are so competitive! how about we take a saltFree team over to Eindhoven for the Static/Dynamic competition below? 11/12 December, flights are cheap on Easyjet to Amsterdam and then if we hire a car and drive from there it shouldn't cost too much between us.

Could be a chance to show them that saltFree is not all about depth junkies..... Let me know if you are interested

Sam

For the 3rd year in a row, Immersion will be hosting one of the worlds largest freediving competitions. THE DATE; December 11…12, 2004. THE PLACE; Eindhoven, Netherlands.

This year the ‘3rd Dutch Apnea Open’ will be even bigger than the previous years and will feature athletes from about 12 countries and a program of fun activities besides the competition. The competition will be an AIDA Open National competition, so your results will count for the AIDA ranking.

THE PRELIMINARY PROGRAM:

Saturday December 11
15:45 Meeting at the pool ‘de Tongelreep’
16.30 Training in the 50m pool
19.00 Athletes dinner

Sunday December 12
08.30 Registration
09:30 Judge and safety meeting
10:00 Openings ceremony and athlete briefing
10.15 Warming-up static competition
Static competition
Lunch break
Dynamic competition
19.30 Winners ceremony
20.30 Dinner and party

THE EXTRA’S:
On Saturday afternoon we offer you the possibility to train in the competition pool and we are working very hard to have a famous freediver hosting a training for you. If you don’t need or don’t like to train; Immersion offers you the unique opportunity to try mono- and bi-fins from Special fins in the pool. For this occasion Jyri Käosaar will come to Netherlands and there will be as many fins as possible at the poolside. WARNING; We do our best to surprise you even more on the training…..

Join the athletes dinner at restaurant ‘Listers’ (close to the pool) where you can eat an excellent meal: 3 courses and 3 drinks for only € 25. Combine the enjoyment of delicious food and the opportunity to meet your fellow freedivers and competitors.

After a good nights sleep we meet again at the pool for the competition. Starting from 8.30 you can register for the competition and we will start with the opening ceremony around 10.00. The competition will be covered by Deeperblue.

You like to do a Worldrecord? No problem, we have the judges, the doping sets and the video on spot for every competitor. We even will compensate a part of the actual testing costs for you, please let us know if you are planning to do a WR.

THE WAY TO ENTER:
Just use the registration form (http://www.immersion.nu/form.php ) to subscribe/secure a place Visit http://12dec.immersion.nu for all the latest information.

I'll be there too,

But I wonder what the participation fee is?

Or does The E 25 cover that too?

Love, peace and water!

Kars.

I will ask the organisers and let you know what the entry fee is

Sam

Hi Sam
I could be interested as well, depending on the overall price, even so I have never done wet statics and proper dynamic :(
What is the plan for the flights. Do you want to fly from Bristol? there are not so many fights and the price are already quite high.
How many of you are already planning to go?
Are you planning to camp there :) ?

Whaoo, indeed
Sat, 11 Dec 04
Flight FR9271 06:45 Depart London Stansted (STN)
08:45 Arrive Eindhoven (EIN)

Coming Back

Sun, 12 Dec 04
Flight FR9274 21:35 Depart Eindhoven (EIN)
21:35 Arrive London Stansted (STN)

This is for 31.18 GBP including taxes

The timing looks ok as well
I am even more interested now
Just need to go to Stansted. But we can join somewere and take just one car (depending on how many we are)

What about the entry fees Sam?
Any news?

Thanks for that Octopus, you'll have some karma :)

It looks like it is only 25 euro

details are on

www.immersion.nu

Stansted flight prices are amazing! long drive for me from Bristol but would save driving at the other end so will see if I can do it that way instead.

thanks for that Octopus!

Sam

Ok, I just received a mail from the Susan, and The E25 indeed covers the whole event, a very need price I say!

I live ~30Km from Eindhoven, if someone bings a sleeping bag with you and an matrass you could spent the night here, though it might not be so practical since I do not have a car to collect you from the airport or from the pool etc. (have to sort that out for myself too)

I've noted that Tom Sietas is also comming, maybe he just beams us some enlightment and we all do 8 min?

List of participants:
http://www.immersion.nu/shop/articl...d=36&osCsid=9ebd80d560aa9681c65fb042449b1eb5

Love, peace and water!

there is going to be an athlete hotel - they are just sorting out where and the cost

sounds great. who else is coming?????

Eindhoven info

Is this event only for competitors or also new to freediving spectators??

Sounds fun!!!

If you get stuck for accomodation or your on a budget theres plenty of B&B Pensions in Eindhoven 5 mins walk from the centre, you can get a list from the VVV (thats the dutch tourist information), they should have a website.
Usual price is 25 Euros + !!!

Don't forget to visit Stratumseind Saturday night (you won't be disappointed), it's a narrow street with about 60 bars/cafes/restaurants all next to each other, stumbling distance....

check out www.immersion.nu

don't see why spectators would not be welcome - or just enter, there is no minimum requirement!

Remi, Dave K and I are going so far

OK - just me and Lisa going so far from the UK but check out the entry list - a host of stars are coming along.

Tom Sietas and Deepest Bear - head to head - how could you miss that?

let me know if you are interested, lifts to Stansted can be arranged and my flight was only £35

Sam

I would quite like to go. It is just that I want to share the journey to Stansted.
Someone from the midlands who wants to share the journey and car park?
Where is Lisa from?
Let me know.

Sam, did you tell deapestbear there is a question for him on the Loic record thread? He has not answered yet.

Just to let you know that the saltFree Eindhoven team consists of just me and deepest bear...

wish us luck!
Deepest Bear is aiming for a static of 3 30 (hours) I think I'll do 3 30 (mins) just to round it up....

Sam

had a great time - still jet lagged for some reason...

I came 9th out of 18 women... 3 mins 57 and 75m. Not too shabby with little training and no sleep...

more importantly, had a great time, met lots of old and new friends. Watched some incredible performances - notably Tom's 8 58 static and Panos 106m (?) dynamic no fins..... amazing...

whole thing was superbly organised, athlete dinner on Saturday was really yummy and party on Sunday was chilled, laid back and exactly what was required. Had good chats with loads of freedivers - from total newbies to Herbert and Francois..

my report will be up here soon
you lot HAVE to come next year! if only so I don't have to share a hostel room with lots of strange (but very polite!) men!!

well done Pim and Suzan!! can't wait to chill in Dahab with you

Sam

Well done.
I whish I had come, but it was not so convenient in the end.
The one in Paris should be easier to go to, as it will just be one more week-end in Paris. I can't wait :)
Sure you can't come Sam?

sorry - got to go and sell freediving to the world at the Outdoor Show that weekend - but will try and make the Berlin comp

Sam

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT