• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dutch Valley PA and vicinity

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
And PA would be in the USA, right? Since there aren't any mountains in the netherlands - hence no valleys, either - I assume Dutch Valley is a city, correct?
DeeperBlue is very international, mostly it makes sense to at least specify the country or continent You're talking about, just to make sure.

Anyway, welcome to DB :wave - I'm sure You'll be able to find lots of buddies here.

Very good point Sanso! PA short for Pennsylvannia, located in the USA. Dutch Valley is a local dive quarry. It seems though there are not too many freedivers in the area, unfortunately. SCUBA is much more popular in the area but I will hopefully find some buddies.
Thanks for the welcome!

... It seems though there are not too many freedivers in the area, unfortunately. SCUBA is much more popular in the area but I will hopefully find some buddies. ...
Ah, I know the situation.
There's a fairly big lake (Lake Constance, Germany) here with some nice diving but there are 2 (in words: two) active freedivers here - and several hundred scuby-doers, it seems.
I found ways to acquire buddies, though :D
For one, I keep dragging friends to the pool, so I have someone to do the pool sessions with. They get some workout and I have someone to do the spotting, should I do diving things. One of them actually played around with my spare mask and wondered if there are ways to stay down there for longer. - Got him on the hook, I think. :t

I also invited people to come over for a DB SpringJam the weekend after next (You're invited, too, btw) and there are some people coming over. Maybe things will get better/more active in the area after this meetup.

You could just go ahead and give a shout out to the world and I guess people will come. Just give them a date and some info on the whereabouts. That's all there is to it. :D

I'm really looking forward to this and I assume there will be more than just diving to be dealt with. :friday heheh..

Ah; are you perhaps talking about Dutch Springs?

Rgds, Gera in New Jersey

When I was looking for freediving instruction, I seem to recall coming across a guy named Trace Malinowski who teaches in PA and does both freediving and SCUBA...

Cheers,

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT