• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dynamic PB's

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

What is your personal best Dynamic w/fins

• >25 Meters

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 25-50 Meters

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 50-75 Meters

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • 75-90 Meters

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • 100-110 Meters

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 110+ Meters

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hi

Never done any with fins, but once a long time back I did bout 75m no fins. But nothing serious, I dont enjoy it.

cheers

Hi ivan

Hi Ivan --where you did the dinamic no fins --in pool o in the ocean?.......i do 70 no fins -i have not reach the 75 yet...

saudos

Daniel..

Re: Hi ivan

Originally posted by neshamah
Hi Ivan --where you did the dinamic no fins --in pool o in the ocean?.......i do 70 no fins -i have not reach the 75 yet...

saudos

Daniel..

That was in a pool.

The reason I dont like it is cos I find the contractions extremely uncomfortable, I can only swim with them for bout 18m :(

cheers

ok i undestand ivan

Ok i understand--in my case i start having the contration after the 55 meter-----tell me something?....are taken a good breathing before yo start o what?......do you have a good breastroke?

unassited

Normally we have the contration...faster than when we do it wiht fins----but this is somethins that we have to work on it---the more relax you are when swming better yo will do.

Ivan how many stroke do you need to reach the 25 meter?

Re: unassited

Originally posted by neshamah
Normally we have the contration...faster than when we do it wiht fins----but this is somethins that we have to work on it---the more relax you are when swming better yo will do.

Ivan how many stroke do you need to reach the 25 meter?

Hi

I wouldnt have a clue how many strokes it takes to do 25m, Im not really into the technical side of freediving cos Im a spearo :cool:

My breastroke is probably no better then your average Joe.

cheers

Without fins it takes me ten to go 25, I saw a video from this website and I think the guy only took three. This thread should be about Dynamic PB's.

This poll looks all messed up? Are people answering when they
have no idea, and have never done a dymanic with fins?
25% 110+???

Hi Ivan

Hi Ivan-i have been practicing spearfishing all my life----just 2 year a go somebody told me about the unassisted--i dicided to practice it...but i realize that i din't know how to swim properly...so i started to practice with a trainer the breastroke . before i continued with the unassisted....now i feel happy with the result.....every in this life has his way...

saludos

Daniel

_______________________-

" Every challenge in life can be conquered when we face it"

Actually, I don't know ...

I voted 75 - 90, but that is w/o fins.

I haven't tried for a PB w/ fins for quite some time.

wow... am I getting this right? You guys are going 70meter plus without fins?? Isn't that like.. over 200 feet? What's the world record on this?

I haven't really tried without fins. But with fins I did 105ft three weeks ago.

We are just talking about swimming laps underwater.
Records are broken so often I can't keep up. I think
with fins is about 185ish meters. US record( I think) is about
120 Meters. Just laps in the pool, without breaking the surface or passing out.

Much closer to 75 than 90!

I've done 75 w/o fins twice. It is extremely dangerous so I don't do it unless there is a spotter and they have to be right there.

There was a post a little while back for PBs w/o fins and 75 was decent, but a few guys claimed pbs in excess of 100.

To give some perspective on the difference between 100 and 75, I can do a 50 w/o even breathing up, but 75 is quite hard -- especially the turns. At this point, 100 is almost impossible to imagine.

I consider the 100+ dynamic w/o fins to be analogous to the 6:00 static -- almost any reasonably fit freediver can get a 75 meter no-fins dynamic w/ some practice and determination. Similarly, almost any fit person can exceed 4:00 in static w/ some determination and practice. However, folks who can do 100+ dynamics sans fins are at least as rare as folks who can do 6:00+ statics.

No fins seems to be in vogue. According to recent CAFA results that were posted, a lot of the competitors seemed to be doing no-fins.

Last edited:
hi

The unofficial wr for dynamic without fins is 150M which Stig Avall did in a 25M pool.

For me doing 6min + dry statics is far easier than doing 75m no fin dynamic.

cheers

Technique is the critical thing for no-fins freediving.

Haven't done it in a while but my PB with fins dynamic is about 144m. When I tried doing some no-fins ones for the first time could usually make about 75. With a bit more practise I had a PB of about 85m.

I was doing this with very poor style, as in using straight arms. Got some swimmers to teach me the correct arm stroke, and I got some tips by watching David, Topi & Jasemin. Anyway practised for a while and it really made a difference. I can now normally do about 100m with a proper warmup. My speed is a lot better also, I do 50m dynamic in about 40-45 seconds.

150m is amazing, I'd love to see the style that Stig uses. Also curious to see how Herb did his 137m one this year. I'm not sure if that's official, if not his other one was 132m or something I think ?

Cheers,
Wal

Originally posted by Walrus
Technique is the critical thing for no-fins freediving.

Haven't done it in a while but my PB with fins dynamic is about 144m. When I tried doing some no-fins ones for the first time could usually make about 75. With a bit more practise I had a PB of about 85m.

I was doing this with very poor style, as in using straight arms. Got some swimmers to teach me the correct arm stroke, and I got some tips by watching David, Topi & Jasemin. Anyway practised for a while and it really made a difference. I can now normally do about 100m with a proper warmup. My speed is a lot better also, I do 50m dynamic in about 40-45 seconds.

150m is amazing, I'd love to see the style that Stig uses. Also curious to see how Herb did his 137m one this year. I'm not sure if that's official, if not his other one was 132m or something I think ?

hi Wal

What was it that you were doing wrong with your arms cos going from 85mpb to 100m is quite a bit, just curious to know how this made such a difference.

cheers
Cheers,
Wal

hi

Sorry that last part was supposed to be seperate :duh

cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT