• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dynamic Rules

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sammydive

Sep 11, 2003
I heard somewhere that there was a rule if someone dropped their arms from being in front of them they were disqualified or the spot was marked from there. I can’t remember much about it and I don’t know if it was just a particular meet’s rules or the AIDA rules. What is the AIDA rules regarding this? What about using a stroke of the arms to get started or to help get the momentum back after a turn?
Sammy

Hi Sammy,

In the AIDA-Rules there is written: (For Dynamic w/ wo/ fins):

9.16 Any propulsion assistance other than swimming movements are forbidden (except in the case of thrusting
against the side of the wall during turns).

(the whole rules to be find at: URL=http://www.aida-international.org/Pdf/documents/regulation_indiv_comp_A.pdf]http://www.aida-international.org/Pdf/documents/regulation_indiv_comp_A.pdf[/URL]

So. taking down the arms, without touching the ground should not be a problem. Maybe you heard of a case, were this was interpreted to be a loss of motion control ??

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…