• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dynamic warmup with fins in a competition

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

In a warmup for dynamic with fins what percentage of your max do you do ?

• Total voters

subaquaticus

Fond of the Red Sea
Oct 10, 2004
Having done your static in a competition you are now preparing for the dynamic with fins.. What will you do ?

Will you first eat and drink something ?

How long will you swim ?

If your goal is 80 m, what length should you do in warmup ?

50% ? repeat it ?

60% ? how many reps ?

70% ?

80% ?

90% ?

Should you be a bit exhausted 5 mn before your turn and then relax during 5 mn ?

I am curious to know...

subaquaticus said:
Having done your static in a competition you are now preparing for the dynamic with fins.. What will you do ?
The best advice I know is to listen to your body and do what it asks. Sometimes the little voice asks for some hard things but do them anyway.
subaquaticus said:
Will you first eat and drink something ?
Typically, most divers like to compete on an empty stomach. Sometimes, one will see fruit, like bananas and grapefruit, at competitions. Being hydrated is important, so hydrating sports drinks are often seen at competitions. Best advice: listen to your stomach. I can ususally tell how my dynamic will be by the way my stomach feels... a gut feeling.
subaquaticus said:
How long will you swim ?
In competition, I have not seen many competitors swim at all. Most practice breathing up. Although, I like to swim +/- 200 meters on the surface at leisurely pace to warm up during a competition. Again, listen to your body.
subaquaticus said:
If your goal is 80 m, what length should you do in warmup ?
Most competitors don't do any dynamics to warm up. It's mostly breathe-ups on the deck. However, Stig sometimes does a 50%-60% warm-up depending how it feels. As before, listen to your feelings.
subaquaticus said:
50% ? repeat it ?
To me, repeats are for workouts in training before a competition. It might work for you in a competition, but I try to conserve my energy before doing a maximum.
subaquaticus said:
Should you be a bit exhausted 5 mn before your turn and then relax during 5 mn ?
For me, exhaustion is a progressing condition that is directly proportional to distance covered. After turning around and pushing off the wall, the glide is about the only time during a dynamic that one can relax and rest. In dynamic no fins, I integrate a glide into my stroke. But with dynamic with fins, momentum and speed seem to be an advantage when using propulsion using technical devices like fins. I also believe that a 50 meter pool favors DYF while a 25 meter pool favors DNF because turns aid no fins dynamics while turns impede dynamics with fins.

Hope this helps,
Peace,
Glen

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT