• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Edmonton long weekend...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
feign said:
Cold lake is on the Saskatchewan border, where with a Sask license we can hunt anything that has gills.

Lee from my knowledge is that Sask. made it so Cold Lake regulations for their side are the same as ours.

Marc_W said:
B.T.W do you guys do much kayak diving? I was thinking about buying a tandom kayak for when I got there. I did heaps of kayak diving in Australia and found it to be the way to go. Ocean Kayaks seem to be the best I've seen.

http://www.oceankayak.com/kayaks/

Most of the lakes we dive we shore dive but a kayak would be a good idea for some of the bigger lakes. Most are a hour and half atleast from Edmonton.
I am prefer diving Sylvan lakes these days and a kayak would be great for that lake.

JPPLAY said:
Lee from my knowledge is that Sask. made it so Cold Lake regulations for their side are the same as ours.

The regulations for fish are the same throughout the lake eg 2 lake trout, but I believe the restrictions to spearfishing don't apply in Sask cold lake.

JPPLAY said:
In high altitude lakes the fish take a long time to grow so remember it easy to make a dent in the population.

I forgot to mention James, (aka Warden Jim). You should have told me this sooner, we cleaned the lake out completely...no fish anymore, sorry. :(

lee

Last edited:
feign said:
I forgot to mention James, (aka Warden Jim). You should have told me this sooner, we cleaned the lake out completely...no fish anymore, sorry. :(

lee

You are lucky you guys have me. I have been checking into the provinces practices and rulings on spearfishing. Remember we should always respect where we can dive as we want to always be able to dive there.
Cutthroat trout I think have a zero possession limit for the whole province.

JPPLAY said:
. Remember we should always respect where we can dive as we want to always be able to dive there.

Thank you Captain Obvious of the ship "Blatantly Apparent"
rofl

Diving this weekend boys?

Erik

rofl

JPPLAY said:
Cutthroat trout I think have a zero possession limit for the whole province.

:head Are we reading the same fishing regulations?

Erik said:
Thank you Captain Obvious of the ship "Blatantly Apparent"
rofl

Well since it always hasn't happened in the past I thought I would mention it.

feign said:
Are we reading the same fishing regulations?

My mistake it Bull Trout I am thinking of.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT