• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Elios Sub new materials

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Lambis

You take my breath away!
Sep 16, 2003
Elios have some new materials so before I order my suit i have ask them about the new Smoothskin Slide, open cell slide inside,
Black Coating inside.

I have ask them about the the differences (Smoothskin versus Smoothskin Slide) and in the first email they say that:

... Smoothskin is a classic rubber outside like 90% of suits for freediving.
Smoothskin Slide black outside for the best idrodynamic into the water. It's very very soft, comfortable and slippery into the water but also very delicated. This kind of neoprene is delicated also for wearing not only against cutting, so must keep attention with it.

In a other email thay say that:

...Smoothskin Slide black outside is a new special rubber more slide and more resistent against abrasions. :confused:

About the new open cell slide inside, they say : rubber more slide ??!!
and about the Black Coating inside:
..it's a new coating after the Gold classic coating, that help the wearing without lube but keep warm the suit and stop the water inside) The Coating inside is a special painting over the open cell rubber for keep it slippery and keep warmth.

Anybody that know more about the new materials

Lambis

Last edited:
Hello motionsync,
You are absolutely right,You know that I have write to your posts,I'm in the same phase With you(ordering a 3mm spearfishing wetsuit),and also have the confusions and the feelings now. Because of this,I cannot decide easely.
Maybe the Eliossub stuff revise the knowledge about this materials,and they must explain more simple .
Aydýn

Aydýn It's not so important to know everything because if you go with a heiwa low desnsity, Open cell or (Superelastic lining) IN AND smoothskin OUT YOU CANT GO WRONG
If you whant spearfishing wetsuit for Greece or Tyrkey waters
DON’T by smoothskin out!!!.
Go with Kanoko Elastic or better with Superstrech Nylon, his elasticity is ca 85% !!
If I was you and like spearfishing I will by a 3mm Heiwa low density Superstrech Nylon Outside / Black coating inside

Why I ask about the new Materials. Becauce I need to know :)

Thank you very much motionsync.
(If I was you and like spearfishing I will by a 3mm Heiwa low density Superstrech Nylon Outside / Black coating inside )
I'll follow your recommendation..
Hope to meet in Agean Sea..
Aydýn

aydýn

It is only a recommendation..

Personal I think that if you go spearfishing you MUST protect you suit from rocks & fishes :)
So you have only 2 choices.
Kanoko Elastic or Superstrech Nylon.
Now THEY say that Kanako elastic is a new lining, is a double nylon worked for a better resistence and good elasticty, Percentage about 70%
and Superstrech Nylon, is a ultra elastic fabric, Percentace of elasticity 85%

So if you need the best protection is Kanako elastic a good choice
But I think with litle care a Superstrech Nylon will do the Job.

Anyway both are a great protection agains rocks
But like I told you it's only a recommendation..

Lambis

Motionsync,
My PB is 25mt.,and I want to dive a little bit deeper,with gliding effect of the wetsuit,Do you know which ones surface is regular,without rough? It seems superstretchnylon??
Thanks
Aydýn

aydýn I dont know!
I think superstretch nylon but I am not sure. The Big boys in this forum will tell you more.

I know that some off them have samples from Elios so they can answer your question.

Regards Lambis

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT