• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Elios wetsuit review

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Yeah black - grey look nice too.

Attachments

• oceanosgrey.jpg
    oceanosgrey.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 348
Hi,

I am after a new scuba diving suit. What is the price of the Elios 5mm and 7mm suits please? Does anyone know how they compare to say a 5 or 7mm waterproof suit? Im after a good warm suit and after doing research one thing for sure is that not all 5mm suits for example offer the same warmth however well they fit. Are Elios suits the way forward? Thanks

Scuba suits tend to be of a different design to spearfishing- freediving suits and more often than not they are thicker.
A lot depends on where you live or intend to dive, 5mm would not be very popular as a scuba suit in the U.K. but 5mm is perfect for spearfishing.
There are lots of fantastic suits available straight off the shelf unless you have a unusual body shape.

Scuba suits tend to be of a different design to spearfishing- freediving suits and more often than not they are thicker.
A lot depends on where you live or intend to dive, 5mm would not be very popular as a scuba suit in the U.K. but 5mm is perfect for spearfishing.
There are lots of fantastic suits available straight off the shelf unless you have a unusual body shape.

Hi,

What brand would you call a fantastic suit?

Not all neoprene is of the same quality or provides the same warmth even if both states they are 5mm for example.

I thought you would need to know the thermal conductivity 1st to make a sound judgment when choosing a wetsuit?

Thanks

Reactions: Johny Depth
Well if you want to get technical I am probably not the right person to ask!
To be absolutely honest I am not up to speed on scuba suits as I am a free diver.
Do Elios actually make a scuba suit?
Most scuba suits have a nylon lined inside and outside plus a separate hood.
You don’t say where you live or give any other info about you style of diving... will you be diving in cold water down to 100’ or shore diving in a warm sea?

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I am not the most technical either but I have been doing research and really the right questions do need to be asked to find the right suit. Some suits have the brand name but are no better than less known makes but charge far more. I am based in the UK, but dive in places like SA, where really I need a 7mm. But a good 5mm suit may well work there. As I say it depends on the performance of the suit. It just depends where I dive, I like to try different destinations.

I believe Elios do make suits for diving.

Hi,

I am after a new scuba diving suit. What is the price of the Elios 5mm and 7mm suits please? Does anyone know how they compare to say a 5 or 7mm waterproof suit? Im after a good warm suit and after doing research one thing for sure is that not all 5mm suits for example offer the same warmth however well they fit. Are Elios suits the way forward? Thanks
The price varies !camo or non camo,High qaulity to standard qaulity.They have about 100 different colours and of camo,soft to medium high stretch smooth interior or fleese lined smooth or nylon exterior.different thicknesses.Made to measure or standard fit.The 2 to 3 months is the waiting time for made to measure,Standard 5mm 180 euro economic black then the courier price more cost added.I went to the shop paid deposit waited 3 months the protective knee patch on one knee was to the side.The ancles ! one was larger one smaller allowing more water to flow in.I paid 333 euro so did my friend for the same suit 7mm.we were told that the suit material was treated with a new chemical that uppon exiting the water in winter the wet suit would displace the salt water! The water would not remain on the suit this we had been told from his wife uppon the 1st use this was proven to be a lie we confronted her more fiction apllied to our ears .i have had one suit out of 5 suits that i have purchased that was ok from elios th 6mm wet socks are ok,.I no longer shop their! we had paid 80 euro more for that 7mm suit with two people that comes to 160 euro we were not compensated in any way for this nor did we receive an appology.for all the suits i have had cressi scorfanno 7mm brought to me a pleasure its avaliable in 5mm also,.I hope my experience helps you

Last edited:
I had a hostile experience with them - worst fitting wetsuit I've bought, and they didn't tell me about the extortionate customer fees which was really unfair, I won't be using them again. I found this bespoke suit extremely overpriced for the quality - anyone else had a bad experience with them?

I had a hostile experience with them - worst fitting wetsuit I've bought, and they didn't tell me about the extortionate customer fees which was really unfair, I won't be using them again. I found this bespoke suit extremely overpriced for the quality - anyone else had a bad experience with them?
I had issues, but not with the fit. The fitment for me (two suits) have been fine. My issues were specific to the USA sales team who were very poor on communication and follow through. It was just so bad for me and will never go back to Elios or recommend to my friends again.

Polosub on the otherhand has been amazing all-around: fit, customization, and communication.

Reactions: bceoentenerife
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT