• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Elios...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Snorkel Bum

Absolut Escargot
Mar 26, 2004
Hello everybody,
Right now I am gonna buy a new wetsuit, just got my fins (specialfins) and now I need a westuit to finish the lot! :)
I looked on the Elios website and cannot find the prices, I also mailed the Elios ppl but havent got a reply yet... it probably got lost. I was wondering how much an average suit cost and if I shouldnt bother with them and just go for a Merou suit (which are very nice!)
I will be wanting a smoothskin top and standard bottom

Thanks!:p

Hi bum...

First of all I believe you should stick with elios. They make the best suits of all.
I am sure they will answer your request I never had any trouble with their replies.

As long as you choose to get a tailormade suit you will get the perfect fit with any material. ( I believe it´s 20Euro plus to have it custommade)
The good suits range from 200 to 250 euro.
My advice is to just tell them the purpouse of the suit and they will make an offer.
It´s definitely worth bothering with them...

erasmus

cheers... ill send them another mail just to make sure :)
Ill definatly go with Elios then... its cheaper than the Merous - ish
ok thanks again!

Another example, just gotmy quotes from them after 5 days :

------------------
--
------------------

1) Suit 5mm Smoothskin black one side / Nylon ealstic other side (Reversibile) Price in tailor made Euro 145,00
it's a good solution, soft, elastic and comfortable but not too much delicate.
You can use it on both side for more rough situations.

2) Suit 5mm Nylon standard black outside / Open cell inside Price in tailor made Euro 115,00
it's a classic freediving suit, very very soft, very aderent to the body, warmth and stretch (but not reversibile)

3) Suit 5mm nylon standard one side black / nylon standard other side green (Reversibile) Price in tailor made Euro 115,00
it's very very durable, resistant and easy to wear without lubes, can use it on both side and both colours.

In case of order:
Payment by Credit Card
Time of working about 20 days
freight costs by FEDEX courier about Euro 55,00
freight costs by Air post system Price Euro 44,00

-------------------
---
-------------------

I'm still wondering if water will easily get in with supelastic inside...

Wow, thanks that was really helpful, still waiting their reply, but I think this will do. I will still see what they have to say, thanks!
One question,are you talking about a full suit or just the top or bottm. I take it that it is just the vest right?

No, for both, since I have no need of any coating, that's the price ! These are the basics, but you can add coatings, sandwich neophrene, etc.

Are those prices for heiwa or ecoline suits? Either way, those prices are cheap!

Good choice, I almost did this also, but many freedivers in Canada suggest me to go with tailored made wetsuit, since I'm in-between 2 different sizes... and that it is way more comfortable. But you're right... often, company suits looks way better :)

Ejoy your new suite... et bonne plongée en apnée !

What is the difference between all the neoprenes ?

Ecoline
Heiwa
Yanamoto

ie
which is warmest ?
which is better for shallows (around 10m to 15m) ?
which is most hard wearing ?

Cheers
Ed

I suggest you go on their site, they give a somewhat good explanation .

http://www.eliossub.com/html/how_select_your_suit.html
http://www.eliossub.com/html/materials.html

Many people suggested Heiwa because it is very flexible yet durable. Yamamoto is way more flexible, but a little more fragile. Ecoline is the most afordable, more more stiff.

For shallow water, go with Heiwa Low density. Medium or High density will be to much and more stiff. It is usefull for deeper dives.

The most hard wearing will depend on the lining or coating, I don't tink the choice of neophrene will change anything. If you go with Open-Cell only inside... you'll need much lube to get in. Some coatings make it easier, but inside Linings are the best for that. They make the suit more resistant, easier to get in... but less flexible. Superelastic Nylon is known to keep 85% elasticity, while classic lining 70%.

The warmest... well, depends on a few points. First, thickness, 3, 5 or 7mm will be different of course. Here in Quebec, Canada, we use 5mm for classic summer diving within cold thermocline.

Then, inside finnish will also make a difference. An Open-cell inside will stick to your body not allowing water to get in, so you stay warmer. A lining will let a little bit of water go trough, but not much if you go with a custom tailored suit like Elios Sub.

So, mostly it, happy diving !

Hey FreediveQuebec... the suit I bought is made to measure or tailormade! Anyway I will post photos when I recieve it (SUSPENSE!... just like my specialfins wait!) and thanks for all your help!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT