• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Emergency shaft question!!! please help

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

SpearoPimp

Jun 9, 2004
i recently purchased a new omer T20M 110cm gun. It came with an omer AISI630 stainless steel shaft size 6.5mm. I'm going spearing away saturday and sunday this weekend and they don't have shafts there for my gun. Today i bought a spring steel rife euro shaft size 9/32 X 60 this isint the same size diameter as the omer AISI630 6.5mm is it? It seems like it might be slightly thicker. Does anyone know if omer or some one else makes a 6.5 mm springsteel shaft.? The notches on the riffe shaft are also the little fins and the omer bands have a unique metal piece that goes into the original shafts imbedded non protruding notches and it doesn't seem like it would work very well with the riffe shaft because there would be a very small metal on metal surface area with the omer band notches. I can exchange or return it tommorrow morning before i leave for my trip but i need to know soon. not sure if the dive shop has the right one tho. I'm also afraid that using a wrong size shaft might screw somthing in the gun.

The Riffe Euro shafts are 6.75mm shafts, which are a bit bigger than the stock shaft, but still pretty quick. They are also a ton more resistant to bending compared to the stock OMER shafts.

With the stock 18mm bands, you'll have enough power to use the Riffe shafts. The notches work fine with the stock articulated wishbones too :D

If you feel uncomfortable, then try to find something else. Personally, I'd say use the Euro Shaft & happy hunting! :)

turns out they mis-labeld my euroshaft. it is 6.75 mm. I noticed riffe also makes a shaft called Small Hawaiian Single barb which is only 6.35mm. Is this compatable with my gun? Does it come in the length for a 110cm gun? I think i would rather have this one cuz it might shoot faster than the 6.75 euroshaft but still very durable b/c it's springsteel

Slings on T20 ( omer power 18 ) are wicked and they defenetely have the power needed for your thicker shaft.
If the riffe shaft fits the trigger mech nicely, the shaft should be fine.

Tuomo

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT