• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Employment

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Amphibious

Working Class Spearo
Mar 17, 2002
anyone have any objections to an "Employment" section on this site?

The thought just occured to me as I'm looking for summer work someplace interesting.

anyone need a Dive Instructor/Freediver/trained-and-cert. Bartender?

Willer

i dont run a diveshop but am freelancing in dahab, egypt.
ican definitely recommend this place, no problem getting work, and the freediving here is wicked.
maybe i m a bit selfish cause a freediving buddy would be really needed.
if you have any questions about the place i m more than willing to help.

cheers

roland

:cool:

Hi Roland , how is tourism in Dahab now ? I worked there in 2000 but believe it took a bit of a knock afterwards .
While I was there we had 56 diveschools in town , all merrily undercutting each other's prices .
Is Mandy's still the only safe place to eat ? ;)

Hi immerlusting,
i worked at Fantasea as a d.m for a bit, if your ever there tell them pete from australia says hi.
In the middle of the bay there is a 50m rope weightd down. The top is tied to a couple of bottles approx. .5m under the surface. If you line up a particular t.v. antanae on a building with the communication antannae in the background on the hill you will be on it. Sorry but i can't remember more than that :D if i was there i could find it again. $1000 bucks if you ever do:p At the bottom of the rope is a huge palm tree that was washed out in the floods.

Enjoy it there, i miss Dahab so much. And you are right...the freediving is beautiful and so accessible. So how many scuba divers have you freaked out of lighthouse reef when freediving:D

pete

abri

i wouldnt ncessarily say that we get stoned by work but theres still enough going on to get you by. about those 56 diveshops, i wouldnt have any idea where to find those. so many tiny shops which i dont really count.
about mandys place: havent heard of that one but i ll be asking around.

pete

theres one rope that mihgt fir the description. it goes from 50 to 25 or so, then there is a big canister. i did a few deeper attempts off a float thats when i saw that. i think thats good enough a shot so send me the 1000 bucks.

i prefer to freak out bubblemakers on nightdives. wicked:D

i ll pass on the message at fantasea.

is getting a bit windy here right now but had a 3 hour session yesterday at the blue hole. my new freediving suit is the best investment of all times.

hope you guys are not too cold either:p

gotta go..

roland

Doesn't exactly sound right.....but ...the cheque's in the mail :)
enjoy your diving.
where are you staying?

Hey , that sounds like my line you're talking about ...rofl Those sound like the triangulation markers I used .

Is it multicoloured , each coloured segment about 15m. long ?

Mandy's used to be right next to the Canyon dive shop , just before Lighthouse confined water .

Last edited:
pete

staying in ligthouse camp, working freelance mostly for bluebach and adventure these days.

abri

multicolored??i wouldnt know, rope is full of moss.
and a canyon diveshop doesnt exist any more.

the place is changing these days, not that it is going to look like sharm soon, but little things here and there. 2 diveshops opened within the last 2 months, how many close i dont know.
shops are still not able to cooprate so owd goes for 150-180 usd these days. instructors are doing loads of 1-2 pax courses, dm s spend the day with 1-3 divers.
but its nice and relaxed and sinc i m not oin the business to get rich i enjoy it all the same.
plus the major advantage of not too much work is more time freediving. work shouldnt be coming in the way of ones private life, right?

nice chatting with you guys

see you

roland

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT