• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Empty lungs / crazy Co2 table Training

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

PhilKat

Oct 10, 2012
Hi to all.

I am kind of stuck with me training and I need all the help I can get!

Three to four times week I do dry Co2 table Training. That is :

Inhale 2 minutes / hold 2:48
(and I decrease the Inhale time by 15" each time - until I reach 50" -while keeping the Hold time the same ie at 2:48).

Lately, I found it very difficult to complete the programme, while this wasn't the case until few days ago. Why is that? Maybe I have burn myself? If yes, what I have to do now?

'Crazy Co2 table' or empty lung training can help me overcome this loophole?

Can someone provide me with a good training programme for these type of training.

Thanks a lot

Treat this as a suggestion rather than an expert's advice: experiment with the times. Maybe "2:48" (???) means such a fight for you that you get defeated on the psychological plane, and you begin your holds already pumping in the adrenaline in expectation of the struggle.

(Why 2:48? Would that be the exact 50% of your max? It's not so much about precision here, I believe)

Make it, e.g. 1:30 holds, with breaks going from 1:00 to 00:30. This is the default setting of the StaticTrainer app, which I have found to be a good starter. You can then adjust the holds. (I said "1:30" because I think that the reduction of the resting time may initially be a challenge, given your current settings. And starting with 1:30 would give you the opportunity to work on your relaxation before you increase the hold times).

Reactions: John B Griffith Jr
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT