• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

equalizing handsfree at depths?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
using the muscles you talk of isn't necessarily assistance at all.
Definately if you contract the diaphragm, you are not going to assist! I think you mistook my meaning. I have heard of it referenced as a diaphramatic maneuver in the past, being the reason I stated that. Maybe that is not the best reference. Just as when you forcefully exhale, you are using muscles to squeeze the lungs meanwhile releasing other muscles. I stated you must have control (ability to relax appropriate muscles, while tensing others) over muscles in the vicinity of the thorax. I think it would definately assist to have control over various muscles in the thorax, don't you? Or were you just refering to contracting the diaphragm?

I as well stated in my post that such a maneuver is dangerous to the tissues. I don't recommend this at all. I was just stating the techniques that are possible and have heard of this being employed.

What do you mean by you 'plunge' the soft palate? 60m hands-free... nice! I will definately give it a try soon. What do you find with controlling the flow of air to the tubes, without seepage through the mask skirt?

tylerz said:
Do you know anybody else who relies on full-mouthfill frenzel hands-free, comfortably, on a regular basis?

Tyler,

You may want to ask Luc G. how he's doing with hands-free equalization. When I was up there in August I explained to him how I did it, and he experimented until right before I left he was able to do hands-free to 20m. He should be much deeper and more consistent with it now.

Peter S.

Just to say, thanks for great ideas and techniques! I am still a beginner and i wont go deeper than 30 meters for now. I'm ok with standard frenzel and pinching my nose, and just starting to practice hands free. Just wanted to hear from experienced divers.Thanx

Marin

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT