• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Equipment upgrade

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Fin Tryout

Last night I was able to swim for an hour with my new H. Dessault fins. I chose them primarily for the comfort of the footpockets and the blade interchangibility. I am buying a set of blades from www.finswimming.ca and a monofin for fun. I cant wait to shop in Hawaii, because I am diving here. I doubled my best dynamic swim without too much trouble. I'll do even better before I leave for the Big Island.
I wear booties inside my pockets, no damage to my feet after 1 hour, and the fins were comfortable. Only thing is occasionally I knock them together. Big difference in the ability to sprint, if you have the legs, these fins will go. John S

Reactions: donmoore
By the way, the speargun is not considered a firearm. Lots of us travel all the time and just call it fishing equipment, and all airlines are OK with that. Even though you are using the rifle case, you could open it up and show them the eqpt to avoid the hassle of ID to get it back.

Paul V
San Carlos, CA

Reactions: donmoore
So John, you comming to the Big Island huh? PM me, maybe we can get in a dive.

Brad

Travel with speargun

Hi Paul, I just want to comment about the newest security rules for traveling with your speargun. If lack of hassle is your goal, and for the most part it is all our goals, then by all means check your speargun as a part of your luggage and not as a firearm. But, if you are concerned about theft or pilferage, then by all means declare the speargun a firearm. #1- after inspection, you get to LOCK your guncase. #2 No one can pick up the guncase without picture ID. #3- the case will be tracked on a seperate manifest (sperate from general luggage). So you see, with a little more trouble, you can be assured that you gun will arrive and no one else can take it. John S

Re: Travel with speargun

Originally posted by oreana123
So you see, with a little more trouble, you can be assured that you gun will arrive and no one else can take it. John S

Great point.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT