• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Eureka!. A simple device, to load your air gun.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Not a lot of people have commented on this, but thank,s to the one,s that have. So, this is the last thing I'll say on this, & mention it, "No more". You can , If you wish, just use this loader to get the spear shaft to a manageable length, in the gun, & then, just "Push it home", with the loader, still on it. (The loader, only stop's the shaft moving in, "One" direction). Well, that's it, I will keep my "improved" version to myself, as it seems there's not much interest in it. Keep safe.. Geoff.

Last edited:
Geoff I think your idea is interesting but I can load my guns quickly & easily using the normal method. The power of a 115 asso with mamba kit is more than I will ever need.
Do you think you could use this device in the water? How long does it take to load? Will you have to manufacture a quality stainless steel version to avoid salt water fatigue?

To be honest Geoff, I'm still wondering what beasts of fish you plan to slay with such an enormous gun!!! The power of that thing at full "pumps" must be incredible.
Pray tell, whats your prey? ;)

Geoff I think your idea is interesting but I can load my guns quickly & easily using the normal method. The power of a 115 asso with mamba kit is more than I will ever need.
Do you think you could use this device in the water? How long does it take to load? Will you have to manufacture a quality stainless steel version to avoid salt water fatigue?

what he said

On the power of my Gun, & why I need it. Well, being, "Pissed Off!" So many, many time's, from the lack of "Speed", of my "Band Gun", having seen, "Nice Fish", just, "Swim Away", when I shoot at them, (In "Open Water", at 3 mtrs +) I decided to get an Asso 135, this Gun, (I hope) will give me the "Speed", to nail these, "Disrespecting SoB's".The fish are not that big, (2/3 kg's) but their speed of flight is, "Just Incredible!". So, let them, "Take the Piss", NOW!. Also, I want to try out a new "Technique", I plan to shoot "Down" at them, while "Hovering", on the surface, so a long, heavy, spear shaft, will take advantage of this.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT